Controversial opinions on metal

So you motherfuckers insisted I give Skyclad a real chance, then don't even recommend their bestest? God damn it. Now I have an excuse to listen to another one. Ass holes, makin me listen to stuff.

They lost it after Reign in Blood. SoH and SitA are good albums, but they really can't compare with the spirit, writing and overall quality of what came before.

Agreed. Most thrash bands would give their collective left nuts to write something half as good as SoH, but the SNM, HtC, HA, and RiB are on another level entirely.

So you motherfuckers insisted I give Skyclad a real chance, then don't even recommend their bestest? God damn it. Now I have an excuse to listen to another one. Ass holes, makin me listen to stuff.

Hahaha, well like I said - Prince of the Poverty Line is my personal favorite, but yeah Wayward is their 'most metal.' It's damn good too.

Hell Awaits brings it on every level. Phenomenal riffs. Tight, non-formulaic songwriting. Maniacal vocals. An atmosphere to match the cover art. Also, the best cover art Slayer have ever had, hands down.

The title track from Seasons is great, but its got nothing on HA as a whole.

At Dawn they Sleep is one of the best metal songs ever.

Oh please...

War Esemble, Spirit In Black, Expendable Youth, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Skeletons of Society, Temptation and last but not least, Seasons in the Abyss. That's even more than Hell Awaits contains.

Did I say that? I mentioned the great tracks on SitA and pointed out that they have more great songs than Hell Awaits even contains.

... nah.

First three Slayer albums are in a league of their own.

edit: All five are top notch thrash, so scattered opinions on the best Slayer album is no surprise.

Hey Luciferos, what are your top tracks from Seasons? I'd go with Born of Fire and War Ensemble ... with Seasons, Spirit in Black and Hollowed Point not too far behind.