Controversial opinions on metal

So saw in your sig that you listened to Prince of the Poverty Line, thoughts?
Well, it was much better than I expected with the whole experience. They're a tight group and obviously passionate about their music and lyrics. There were a lot of great moments, good melodies and dudes vox are solid, if not slightly repetitive.

The lyrics are great, can't deny it. However, its still a style of music o find it difficult to enjoy. The folky vibe, maybe. Or the keyboard or (whatever extra instruments I heard) melodies maybe what turns me off.

I guess what I'm saying is everyone was correct, as J. said. It is a much better experience as a whole, but I still couldn't get into about 1/2 of the actual music.

Is there another album worthwhile? I want to give them another go. Its too iffy and I need a solid like/don't like to be satisfied

Skyclad blows. i received Prince of the Poverty Line in a trade a few years ago and i recently listened to it and i felt it was one of the worst albums in my entire collection.

Gotta say, Prince is my least favorite 'clad album. I'd recommend Wayward Sons of Mother Earth if you want something a bit more metal, and Vintage Whine if you want something a bit more good.

Last two Slayer albums haven't been bad at all you twats. Obviously they're nowhere near the level of their earlier work. But i just I don't see how you can be a fan of the band and yet trash those albums, i just don't. Makes me question if some of you guys even liked Slayer to begin with, or were just trying to gain some type of "poser badge".

Yea, i said poser again. bringz it.

GHUA and Diabolus are their only two albums that truly not worth listening too.

World Painted Dud

I just feel like Slayer lost the magic after Seasons. The albums after that are alright i guess... But really bare no comparison.

well i do have a few Nevermore albums as well.

people seriously think this is good metal? shit is on par with Radikult

fwiw I'd say that Land of the Rising Slum was their first full alt metal song, although I still love that one. If you're judging it on metallic virtue that's another matter.

Gotta say, Prince is my least favorite 'clad album. I'd recommend Wayward Sons of Mother Earth if you want something a bit more metal, and Vintage Whine if you want something a bit more good.

Yeah, I can go with this post.

I really love Prince and its a pretty sentimentally valuable album to me so probably should give Wayward a go honestly.