Controversial opinions on metal

Bahaha, WASP and Skid Row?

Have you ever heard The Crimson Idol or Slave to the Grind? Those are pure fucking heavy metal. I know you're musically retarded and consider things that are not musically heavy as shit to be bad, but heaviness has no relation to a band being considered metal so please refrain from typing shit like that.
I've heard songs off both of those albums. Sounds like hard rock to me; maybe a slightly harder version of Guns n Roses. And for the 100th time, I don't just listen to death metal and black metal.

all metal is a form of rock..

I agree, but when are we going to stop to call the new music trend of metal,"metal" and star calling it something else. The same happened with rock decades ago. The rock stated to change so much until one day some one spawned the name of "metal" on those Black sabbath and Zeppelin days.

With all the screaming and musical chaos, I believe is time to call metal something else, only if you thing Metal is not Rock.

Yeah, if all metal is just a form of rock music then I don't know what the point of music genres are anyway. Whether it's The Rolling Stones, Elvis, The Pixies, Def Leppard, The Rancontours, whatever you consider to be the definitive example of rock music, to say that black metal and slam death are part of that genre, I think that's being too marginal. Extreme metal typically has different song structures, vocal style, production style, image & lyrical content, and instrumental tones than rock. There's as much difference between metal and rock as there is between rock and jazz, blues and folk, classical and electronica, or easy listening and country. There's an overlap, yes, but there are many overlaps such as between rock & blues, country & folk, folk & blues, and rock & jazz. There's more in common between Neutral Milk Hotel, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nine Inch Nails and Elton John than there is between any of those artists and Nokturnal Mortum.

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy

Never thought I would say this to you, but fucking great post. Suck on that, faggots!

metal pretty clearly evolved partially as a reaction *against* rock and other popular music of the time, but there were a few rock bands back then who themselves were reacting against conventions of their genre, and those rock bands tended to be the ones which directly influenced metal

Skid Row kicks ass! This song used to be one of my personal anthems as a kid. Me and my brother would play my dad's vinyl of Skid Row's S/T and sing to it and act like idiots. Ah man, good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered, Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk is better than In the Nightside Eclipse, IMO. Don't want arguments on it.

hey here's some controversial metal opinions

beyond all horizons isn't the best song on 'far away from the sun' (still one of the best songs ever mind you)

arch-era fates warning is head and shoulders above every clean-vocalled metal band you've ever heard

brian ross could kick bruce dickinson's ass in a fight (and a singing contest)

countess are not good (is this even controversial anymore?)

dark moor kick blind guardian's ass

soulside journey owwwwwwwns a blaze in the northern sky

heidentum is better than anything varathron, necromantia or rotting christ ever put out