Controversial opinions on metal

I was saying it wasn't. I was pointing out that I don't consider loving black metal or hating Kiss (who aren't even a metal band) to be controversial. As for hating King Diamond or loving Pantera, that could be controversial, or at least it wouldn't speak well for one's tastes.

I was saying it wasn't. I was pointing out that I don't consider loving black metal or hating Kiss (who aren't even a metal band) to be controversial. As for hating King Diamond or loving Pantera, that could be controversial, or at least it wouldn't speak well for one's tastes.

Yeah, I realized what you were saying. I was more referring to the original post.

Still, I don't see loving Pantera or hating King Diamond to be very controversial. I've encountered a number of people on these forums who don't like Diamond and many who like Pantera.

I don't like King Diamond's vocals. Someday I hope to get past that.
I like Pantera, even though they're really, really stupid. I dunno why.

I dislike King Diamond's vocals because I dislike most metal singers who sing almost exclusively in mock operatic falsetto. It's not that he's a bad singer, but I dislike that vocal style.

King Diamond's vocals are bizarre. It stands to reason that people love them or hate them. Also I wouldn't say there's anything operatic about his falsetto.

King Diamond's vocals are bizarre. It stands to reason that people love them or hate them. Also I wouldn't say there's anything operatic about his falsetto.

Neither would I, which is why I wrote about "mock operatic falsetto metal vocalists" in my last post.