Controversial opinions on metal

Worst opinion ever.

Anyone that doesn't place Virtual XI at the very bottom of their discography is deaf, no exception.

If I do listen to Maiden listen to killers and prefere Paul DiAnno. Always have.

Killers is the worst pre-Blaze record. By far. Save a few tracks, it's about as engaging as filling out tax forms. The self-titled is indeed excellent, but 7th Son is the group's greatest accomplishment.

Killers and Piece of Mind are about tied for me too. And less engaging than No Prayer (still a good and underrated album imo) or Fear of the Dark (a filler-ridden joke)? Good one m8.

Seventh Son is weak compared to their other 80s stuff. Half the album is pop-metal disguised as prog through flowery keyboards, and the heavier parts are often comically exaggerated.

I think it's underrated. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard it because it's been panned by so many people here and, no surprise, it isn't as bad as people say because people here over exaggerate how bad certain albums are.

No Prayer for the Dying, however, is mediocre on an initial listen.

Fear of the Dark has enough good songs, but also too much filler. A little more discretion in the editing process and it would have been much stronger.

No Prayer for the Dying is pretty bland by Maiden standards, but there are a few choice cuts.

Even the good songs aren't that good. The title track is campy and overlong, Be Quick or Be Dead is notable only in its aggression by Maiden's standards, Afraid to Shoot Strangers is good but even it has that forced "Afraid! Afraid to shoot strangers!"x20 part with those shit-tier keyboards. imo the only great songs are the deep cuts, particularly Judas Be My Guide and Chains of Misery. Factor in the number of songs that are actually awful (From Here to Eternity, Fear is the Key, Childhood's End, The Fugitive) and it's a pretty poor album. The worst song on the original press of Killers (i.e. Twilight Zone aside) is still leagues better than 80% of Fear of the Dark.

It's not totally awful, but it's a 5/10 at best.

What's everyone's opinion on Number of The Beast?

I really like that album. Not my favorite, but definitely in my personal top three. Along with Powerslave and Seventh Son.

Never really got into any other albums of theirs outside of those three, actually...Somewhere In Time I thought was fucking awful.

What's everyone's opinion on Number of The Beast?

I really like that album. Not my favorite, but definitely in my personal top three. Along with Powerslave and Seventh Son.

Never really got into any other albums of theirs outside of those three, actually...Somewhere In Time I thought was fucking awful.
As overplayed as the title track and "Run to the Hills" are, Number of the Beast as a whole is fantastic. "22 Acacia Avenue" is my personal favorite from that one.