Controversial opinions on metal

I'm not sure how controversial it is, and I mean to say nothing about the bands involved in them, as they are label-imposed for the most part, however...

Lyric videos are the greatest blight on the metal scene since the advent of YouTube. They're annoying as fuck.

I don't see why they're so annoying. I love lyric videos. They're more prevalent in pop-punk than anything.

I feel like you're one of those guys that's going to say a bands first outputs are best, regardless of much other than they're first.

it's an interesting point. I never found Kill Em All to be that great. Show No Mercy is easily slayer's best though.

Horrorscope and Feel the Fire are their best albums. Their stuff from 87-89 is massively overrated and have only a few good tracks on each of em.

Their last three albums have been pretty fucking solid though.

Pretty much all of this, but I think Taking Over and The Years of Decay are still pretty good.

how many bands do you think get better as they progress? I would imagine it's a pretty small number.

Past what point? There are many highly acclaimed metal bands with superior non-debut albums (Sabbath, Maiden, Priest...), let alone if you want to look further (Coroner, Immolation, Atheist, Fates Warning...).

I feel like you're one of those guys that's going to say a bands first outputs are best, regardless of much other than they're first.

I just like those albums because they're good, tons of bands improved after their first or put out albums after their debut that I prefer, Darkthrone, Motorhead, Fates Warning, Revelation, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Razor, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, I could go on but I think I made my point.