Controversial opinions on metal

The extent to which I care about production also depends on location. I never had a problem with Slough Feg's Twilight of the Idols before, but I listened to it a couple days ago on a drive and was disappointed at how thin the drums sounded, especially since they're mixed up-front.

Nonsensical, production and music aren't mutually exclusive, the mixing board is an instrument in it's own right.

I tend to agree with this. Many of my favorite albums not have only good material, but also have a matching tone and sound as a result of its production. The idea of "bad" production being raw and gritty, and "good" production being clean and full bodied is a misnomer. You need to match the production to the music, and what winds up being "good" production is how well it matches the tunes. Im not saying that clean production has no place in metal (Painkiller comes to mind right now), but there is no denying its curse on many modern metal albums.

If the production values dont fit the music, I cant fully appreciate it. I am pretty open to different styles (though I prefer a more analog and raw sound) if it fits the music well enough. Vader's Litany comes to mind that has a production style that I would normally say I hate, but it absolutely fits the album and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Born Again comes to mind when it comes to questionable production/mixing on an otherwise classic album.

I tend to agree with this. Many of my favorite albums not have only good material, but also have a matching tone and sound as a result of its production. The idea of "bad" production being raw and gritty, and "good" production being clean and full bodied is a misnomer. You need to match the production to the music, and what winds up being "good" production is how well it matches the tunes. Im not saying that clean production has no place in metal (Painkiller comes to mind right now), but there is no denying its curse on many modern metal albums.

If the production values dont fit the music, I cant fully appreciate it. I am pretty open to different styles (though I prefer a more analog and raw sound) if it fits the music well enough. Vader's Litany comes to mind that has a production style that I would normally say I hate, but it absolutely fits the album and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Well said, I'm not against a clean production, in Metal and Punk I'm yet to come across an example of clean production that I like sure, but other genres do benefit from it.

Yeah, Born Again's sound is fucking awesome, I've got it on cassette too so it's double mud.

My controversial opinion that kinda pertains to Metal for today is, zipper hoodies are shit, I hate them, I hate them so much and I don't even know why, I just fucking hate them.

I prefer zipper hoodies to pullovers tbh. Easier to get on and off, because I generally wear tight clothes. Tight jeans, tight t-shirts, tight everything.

You are so shit, I want to slam my boot into your tear duct and then piss inside your skull!

Nah, you're cool, I just fucking hate zipper hoodies, they either remind me of slam Metal kids with chequered vans shoes or fashionable dads out of shop catalogues with the super white teeth and bootcut jeans.

Edit: Oh yeah I wear tight clothes too, not that weak ass skinny leg shit though.

Me on Bolt Thrower: Their best albums are the ones that are conceptually awesome and are the most interesting to look at within their complete catalog. Addo_of_Next once explained to me that BT's complete discography sounds like the history of war where the first 4 albums sound like ancient/early modern wars, and then from For Victory onwards they became more "modern" in their albums, spanning albums about Vietnam, the World Wars, and such. I haven't teased out the progression perfectly yet, and maybe if they ever did release a new album it would be an actual 21st century battle-themed album, but who knows.

BTW, cassetteisgod, are you sloughfegkillers?

You are so shit, I want to slam my boot into your tear duct and then piss inside your skull!

Nah, you're cool, I just fucking hate zipper hoodies, they either remind me of slam Metal kids with chequered vans shoes or fashionable dads out of shop catalogues with the super white teeth and bootcut jeans.

Edit: Oh yeah I wear tight clothes too, not that weak ass skinny leg shit though.

I don't even like metal hoodies tbh. I just rock a grey zip hoodie with horizontal stripes. Goes well with metal shirts.

I have a couple pullover hoodies but I don't wear them often, cause I wear literally nothing but small and they're a bitch to get off.

I don't even like metal hoodies tbh. I just rock a grey zip hoodie with horizontal stripes. Goes well with metal shirts.

I have a couple pullover hoodies but I don't wear them often, cause I wear literally nothing but small and they're a bitch to get off.

Grey with stripes? That sounds like something I'd avoid at all costs, but I'm kind of not really feeling hoodies in general, I just wear longsleeves, but the one hoodie I do own (plain grey, a bit ripped up with the Repulsion logo stenciled on it) is one size up from my normal size, I like hoodies to be just a bit loose.
It doesn't really get cold enough here to justify some bullshit with a hood on it though.

Denim jackets solve any situation anyway.