Controversial opinions on metal

So, a friend of mine was generous and hooked me up with some Manilla Road that I didn't have because I wanted to give this band a fair shot. Here's what I listened to this morning:

Out of the Abyss
Mystification
The Deluge
Invasion
Metal

I can honestly say I can't get into this band. There are parts of albums that got me to tap my foot, but I honestly don't get the hype behind this band. I will agree with probably most people here and say that Open the Gates and Crystal Logic are their best albums. Those are the ones I remember the most out of all the ones I've heard (in terms of hooks).

Mystification is a great album. Other than that, the rest you mentioned is rather forgettable, but Metal album contains Cage of Mirrors track, which is fucking awesome.

Mystification is a great album. Other than that, the rest you mentioned is rather forgettable, but Metal album contains Cage of Mirrors track, which is fucking awesome.

Never really gave Out Of The Abyss a fair shot so I cant comment on that, but Metal, Invasion, The Deluge and Mystification are fucking stellar records.

Abyss is an average album, not sure why you're bringing up.

But I wholeheartedly don't find any Manilla Road track "shit" on Logic

Cassette, one thing I've learned over the years here is to never listen to HB.

HB Facepalm Count: Back at 8. Soiled it.

Two kinda underrated things by Manilla Road imo are the song Tomb of The Serpent King (and a lot of the 2000- stuff in general) and that first heavy riff in the song Mysterium, I listen to the song just for that riff.

been listening to nothing but Motorhead lately.

Orgasmatron and 1916, along with Ace of Spades, are the bands best

Overkill is overrated. Bomber is boring.

Dreams of Eschaton is riffless aside from the one they stole from Angel Witch. Total poofter rock.

I listened to Overkill recently and didn't really enjoy it at all. Title track was one of my least favorites from it, actually, really overlong and slower than I remembered.

Dreams of Eschaton is riffless aside from the one they stole from Angel Witch. Total poofter rock.

I listened to Overkill recently and didn't really enjoy it at all. Title track was one of my least favorites from it, actually, really overlong and slower than I remembered.

You're poofter rock.

been listening to nothing but Motorhead lately.

Orgasmatron and 1916, along with Ace of Spades, are the bands best

Overkill is overrated. Bomber is boring.

Yeah, Bomber is a bit inconsistent. I prefer Iron Fist to it. And I don't find Overkill boring, that album has its moments, I love No Class despite the fact that there was a dispute about riff stealing thing from ZZ Top and their song Tush, which is also awesome.

1974 - ZZ Top

1979 - Motorhead

Last edited by a moderator: