Controversial opinions on metal

I was gonna go with TD, but LFDGD is fucking top notch as well...So many good songs on both...And the fucking feels on DO???? Jesus christ...Cant pick. Wont pick.

Viva Emptiness was actually the first album I listened to from them. Back when I actually bought CD's...While it is a good album I personally cant say its their best.

I didn't really "get" The Chasm until a few years ago and now they're my favorite death metal band. The songwriting is unlike anything I've heard before, so I definitely understand why it's off-putting to some at first. Procession to the Infraworld is their magnum opus as far as I'm concerned but Deathcult for Eternity follows closely behind.

I bought the remaster but I haven't even listened to it because the flac files I have are derived from the first press. Moving out and not having a computer is killing me. Want to be able to convert all my music to external hard drdisk drives so I can mobilize my gigantic collection a bit. My iPods had the same music on it since October :lol:

Where can one obtain the remaster?

https://luxinframundisproductions.bandcamp.com/album/deathcult-for-eternity-the-triumph

the cd is probably sold out. i need to listen to Procreation of the Inner Temple more but IIRC the production is so shit that it's hard to hear what's going on. the re-recorded track on the Procreation re-issue sounds killer

Katatonia post BMD is pretty horrible :puke:

Incantation's first 3 albums are my favorite death metal but i can see how the 2000-present albums sound samey.

Incantation… I have mixed views with them. They can be a little boring to me, honestly. They play their instruments really well, but…

I love The Chasm though. There's something about their drumming and time signatures that keeps you on your toes. Actually, haven't heard their first three albums, which gotta get on soon.

I pretty much like all Katatonia but haven't heard their last album yet. Dead End Kings is okay. That album can be a little "unauthentically whiny" (whatever this means :lol:) for me at times.