Controversial opinions on metal

Di'Anno Maiden is awesome. Killers is inconsistent but has a lot of great tracks on it. The first three Dickinson albums are the only truly great ones of the bunch.

There's no album by Iron Maiden that's as good as the best albums by Judas Priest and Rob Halford is also clearly head and shoulders above Dickinson or anyone else in either band as a singer in terms of sheer ability.

On a side note, I'm considering buying the latest Opeth record since they've developed into a somewhat traditional Progressive band, I'm not a fan or anything of them as a whole, but I'm intrigued.

Anybody wanna weigh in?

Every album they've done is good in my option (except Heritage but it's not "bad" it's just boring for me) Newest album is kinda their take on the heavier progressive rock of the 70's but with obvious modern elements.

There's no album by Iron Maiden that's as good as the best albums by Judas Priest and Rob Halford is also clearly head and shoulders above Dickinson or anyone else in either band as a singer in terms of sheer ability.

Completely vice versa for me. There isn't a single Priest album as good as the good Maiden albums, and Dickinson has much better vox than Halford.

Here's a controversial one, the Di'Anno Maiden albums are better than every JP album.

Halford is more diverse and has a lot more range than Bruce. It's not like I do not like Bruce's vocals. I occasionally like his solo albums The Chemical Wedding and Accident of Birth. Despite the fact that I do not listen to maiden much. I have this thing for Killers. Bruce Dickinson has his own style and is considered one of the best metal vocalists, but he does not really have many tricks up his sleave imo.

Di'Anno Maiden is awesome. Killers is inconsistent but has a lot of great tracks on it. The first three Dickinson albums are the only truly great ones of the bunch.

Exactly. On-the-dot correct.

Nope, this is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WexR6sCqs

Although I have to admit it's been such a long time that I'm feeling a nostalgic tinge. But it's still flowery as fuck.

Not the best Black Metal ever, but not bad. And since this is the "controversial Metal thread", I'll also add that this is way better than Black Sabbath, which is some of the shittiest Metal ever made. Also, I couldn't give a flying fuck whether you disagree, because your pathetic insults have already been pre-emptively dismissed as fucking hilarious. :fu:

I can understand people liking Bruce Dickinson more, but Rob Halford has a much wider range, more diverse style and stronger vocals than he does. That's what I was saying above. He's in a league of his own in that regard.

Not the best Black Metal ever, but not bad. And since this is the "controversial Metal thread", I'll also add that this is way better than Black Sabbath, which is some of the shittiest Metal ever made. Also, I couldn't give a flying fuck whether you disagree, because your pathetic insults have already been pre-emptively dismissed as fucking hilarious. :fu:

Your opinions on metal are laughably bad, so it doesn't matter. :lol:

I can understand people liking Bruce Dickinson more, but Rob Halford has a much wider range, more diverse style and stronger vocals than he does. That's what I was saying above. He's in a league of his own in that regard.

He definitely has more range, I'll give you that.

this is way better than Black Sabbath, which is some of the shittiest Metal ever made.
what. the. fuck.

I dont like judas priest but i wouldnt say dumb shit like "its some of the shittiest metal ever made".

Terms like that are for shit like Lacuna Coil, Meshuggah, and Ghost