Controversial opinions on metal

Hey ozz i know im relatively new here but is there a good reason to ban anyone over the internet? maybe you can atleast put in a warning system, you know?

Why don't you ask Deron because he's had to do it in years past. I've never banned anyone on here because I don't have the permissions set to do so. I've done so on other forums, but that was more joking around with people I've known for a loooong time.

Back when I trolled, I got banned from the Megadeth forums for over 30 days total. Part of that was a misunderstanding that I couldn't really resolve until after my band though. That situation was bad over there though because it was nothing but trolling for a while.

Hey ozz i know im relatively new here but is there a good reason to ban anyone over the internet? maybe you can atleast put in a warning system, you know?

Why don't you ask Deron because he's had to do it in years past. I've never banned anyone on here because I don't have the permissions set to do so. I've done so on other forums, but that was more joking around with people I've known for a loooong time.

Back when I trolled, I got banned from the Megadeth forums for over 30 days total. That situation was bad over there though because it was nothing but trolling for a while.

so this was uncalled for?

Should be right up ole' Morts alley.

Not really. People have been ribbing Mort for years and I think he's used to it.

Mort tends to have much better taste in metal than most people on this forum.

I disagree with this as well.

... exactly. We all rip on each other.

This isnt the first time that i made a lighthearted joke and got targeted and jumped on by one of the usual suspects, and it isnt the first time that you wrongfully tried to blame me for it too. And stuff like this has been happening at a much higher rate due to MF constantly instigating shit with her usual PC bullshit. But im sorry if you cant seem to see that. I'm really sick of this bullshit and would rather not deal with it. I'll just stick to posting in the NP for the foreseeable future.

This isnt the first time that i made a lighthearted joke and got targeted and jumped on by one of the usual suspects, and it isnt the first time that you wrongfully tried to blame me for it too. And stuff like this has been happening at a much higher rate due to MF constantly instigating shit with her usual PC bullshit. But im sorry if you cant seem to see that. I'm really sick of this bullshit and would rather not deal with it. I'll just stick to posting in the NP for the foreseeable future.

hey man calm down, its like winning the special olympics. in the end even if we win, that doesn't change the fact that were posting on a forum, lol. not that theres anything wrong with posting here, but if it weren't for the fact i go to a private school and everyone there is not into metal (and mostly religious) i probably would've never come here.

On that topic, why'd you guys join? Was joining a forum the shit back in the dark ages 10 years ago?

I'm still not 100% convinced Omni is a female. She doesn't feel the need to justify herself on the forum and post pics and that's her prerogative.

That's because you've only been here for a year. I've been here for nine and some for longer so we've seen some pretty bad people.

Some pretty bizarre people too I might add.

I can't fathom the hate on Zepp btw, but maybe I just grew up with them. They're the greatest rock band there is imo

I got burned out on them back in high school and didn't listen to the band for over 10 years. They are my girlfriend's #1 band and she got me back into the band. I'd like someone to find a more epic rock song than Achilles Last Stand or When the Levee Breaks.

I got burned out on them back in high school and didn't listen to the band for over 10 years. They are my girlfriend's #1 band and she got me back into the band. I'd like someone to find a more epic rock song than Achilles Last Stand or When the Levee Breaks.

Elton John - funeral for a friend / love lies bleeding
Queen - the prophet's song or bohemian rhapsody
Pink Floyd - shine on you crazy diamond

TechnicalBarbarity reminds me of me when I first joined a metal forum in like... 2003. I always took everything personally and it was embarrassing looking back. Calm down, bro. It's the internet.

Elton John - funeral for a friend / love lies bleeding
Queen - the prophet's song or bohemian rhapsody
Pink Floyd - shine on you crazy diamond

Emerald by Thin Lizzy.

By the way, nice choices, I fucking love Led Zeppelin too.

I have absolutely nothing against quality pop music (which Baby Metal could be doing), but the meshing of their two styles really ends up making both weaker.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

@V5: i guess you must have been a better version of yourself back then. ;)
But yeah, it's just the same 2-3 people who annoy the fuck out of me. And i don't get embarrassed about how i feel bro, whether it's real life or amongst the anonymity of the net.

It seems to me that TechBarb reacts differently to those three people as opposed to say, me, because they don't have any swagger with their banter, they tend to act cold, self-righteous and a bit cunty.

Just a thought.

TechnicalBarbarity reminds me of me when I first joined a metal forum in like... 2003. I always took everything personally and it was embarrassing looking back. Calm down, bro. It's the internet.

Good thing not everyone here knows of the "Rice" days