Controversial opinions on metal

Edit: ^^ V, really? I could never get into that album as much, but this is definitely much more your area of expertise than mine.

Fuck yeah, hey you're talking to a guy that is currently re-watching the original Dragon Ball series and worships the Akira graphic novels and owns every Studio Ghibli film.

I see you as more of a Berserk fan, but heck, DB is one of my all time favs. Theres a new DB series that just came out, but you gotta watch it subbed.

will do! lol, ill report back to you on my opinion of it

Im actually curious what you think of them. They are really good at what they do, thats for sure. Havent listened to them in years, but I remember when they used to be a small time local band around here, so it's cool to see them get some notoriety.

I do actually love Berserk (if you mean the anime) and that love is born from a love for the original Fist of the North Star franchise.

Yea, thats what I was talking about. Dark fantasy with death and destruction.

edit: Death Note, really? Theres much better anime out there, though the suspense in the beginning episodes was quite good.

And nah, I would think Mort has better taste than to like such a band.

... just a jab guys, just a jab. From what i remember he thinks he's morphed into one of those anime characters ... and having pretty shitty overall taste in music doesn't help either.

but yea, who the fuck would actually listen to that shit?

Not bad eternal!
not really something id listen to all the time though, they are these weird little electronic sounding parts in it that bother me, but overall a decent band

Yea, the keyboard parts are over the top to me as well, with just a tad bit too much pansy power metal in it for my typical tastes, but I cant really hate on them for it. I like older Dream Theater, and this really isnt too far off.

good for you.

That salt.

600_iodine_1.jpg

Edit: ^^ V, really? I could never get into that album as much, but this is definitely much more your area of expertise than mine.

Well Divine Wings is definitely one of their top 3 to be fair.

Divine Wings probably captures the "ideal" Symphony X sound. The mix of dramatic classical and metal.

V is a concept album, and a brilliantly executed one. It's one of the most complete albums I can think of. Flows and tells the story perfectly. The ideal Symphony X sound still exists here but it is only presented when it makes sense.

The Odyssey is probably my third favorite. Just for the final track The Odyssey itself. Again a concept, 24+ minute song that tells the entire story of the Greek legend. If you've read the book or seen the movie it's worth a listen for that fact alone.

I've heard all these albums so many times.. before I became interested in metal in general I would listen to just Symphony X and Dream Theater and classical music for like 4-5 years.

On anime, the only ones I've enjoyed are

Berserk
Death Note
Cowboy Bebop

So not much to contribute beyond what was already mentioned. But Cowboy Bebop is good.

... just a jab guys, just a jab. From what i remember he thinks he's morphed into one of those anime characters ... and having pretty shitty overall taste in music doesn't help either.

but yea, who the fuck would actually listen to that shit?

Mort tends to have much better taste in metal than most people on this forum.