Controversial opinions on metal

So Far, So Good... So What? is one of Megadeth's best albums but In My Darkest Hour is one of the worst songs they've ever written.

I happened to be listening to them at the time, and Slayer was being talked about.

Plus Neurosis has been around for 20 something odd years - have released 10 albums - and none of those albums are anything less than spectacular. Slayer has been around for roughly the same amount of time - put out two fantastic albums, one that I personally dislike but understand why people do like, and then the rest were terrible.

Meh - Neurosis were total also-rans as a hardcore combo, and, with the exception of Through Silver in Blood (which they've basically been tweaking and re-releasing since the day it came out), they don't have any landmark recordings in that long and heavily overpraised career.

I'd take Hell Awaits, South of Heaven or Show No Mercy over the Neurosis catalog any day, and I expect that's true of most people who aren't silly hipsters.

How about Times of Grace? Admittedly it requires ToN's Grace for the landmark-status to be there but when the two are combined as one it is an amazing work.

And :lol: at me being a silly hipster.

It's Fade to Black, with really whiny vocals to accompany the lyrics, no sexy guitar solos, and THE PAIIIN! THE PAIIIN! WON'T YOU HOLD ME AGAIIIN!

Is it just me or is "Peace Sells" terribly crafted? I mean, the first verse sounds like it should be an intro to a song rather than a verse. And the chorus sounds gay.

Still like the song regardless.

I'm gonna have to agree with Mort Divine that Neurosis is better than Slayer, and thrash metal in general.