Controversial opinions on metal

From what I've heard of Belphegor I will also say that I think their newest one of the best of what I've heard. I think all the tracks they have up on their MySpace are from the new album, if I remember... Whatever the case I think it's better than the older stuff I heard, yet people on MA are saying their new albumm is not tr000 enufff.

Fuck the M-A ratings, those ratings are rubbish, bias ratings, their new albums is fuckin masterpiece.

Fuck the M-A ratings, those ratings are rubbish, bias ratings, their new albums is fuckin masterpiece.

Heh.

Also, opinion: covering Carcass automatically makes your band rad. I don't know if that's controversial, though.

Illdisposed, for one. The Berzerker (eh...), Aborted, Disgorge, Rotten Sound, Nasum, Exhumed, Pig Destroyer, Napalm Death, Isis, Avulse, Impaled... Arch Enemy, but they have Ammott, so that sort of doesn't count...

I guess my argument would be that these guys are honorarily rad because they covered Carcass.

My thoughts exactly. I disagree with you about Seasons though. There a couple filler songs no doubt but I think War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask and the title track save it.

those are the best on there but there are several other killer tunes... blood red, spirit in black, hallowed point, born of fire

Slipknot is Metal and is good metal.

the first part of your sentence is debatable.... the second half however is simply erroneous

I happened to be listening to them at the time, and Slayer was being talked about.

Plus Neurosis has been around for 20 something odd years - have released 10 albums - and none of those albums are anything less than spectacular. Slayer has been around for roughly the same amount of time - put out two fantastic albums, one that I personally dislike but understand why people do like, and then the rest were terrible.

On top of that Neurosis has managed to almost reinvent themselves with every release and not fuck up once.

Stoner doom and sludge own the shit out of thrash as well while I'm at it.

i haven't listened to much neurosis... but the songs i've heard are terrible... honestly i just don't understand how someone can be a fan of metal and not enjoy the first five slayer albums...

Having listened to Death's album Human recently, my impression of the band is that they're completely unremarkable. They're not especially heavy, the riffs aren't that catchy, and they're pretty rhythmically flat.

I know I should probably listen to a few other Death albums before dismissing them entirely, but since so many people claim Human is their best one, I figured that gives me enough justification to reign in my snobbery upon them.

So many people claim Human is the best because they're way into OSDM, they worship darkness and Satan and what not. Old fucking school, man, woohoo!
You'll probably like The Sound of Perseverance and Symbolic, tbh.
Those albums are progressive heavy metal more than anything and whilst lacking in cohesion and somewhat wanky, the riffs are good and the material is actually quite catchy. Can't say there's much to find in the subtlety department though. That's a whole different operetta.

Haha, you obviously post on gameFAQs. Gorod and Anata are far from generic. You might get away with suck, but they're not generic in any way.
Yeah I do but everyone is talking about shitty bands like that now, those guys and like white chapel and the faceless. Honestly I'm sick of hearing about those bands those guys and new Cryptopsy made me miss this years summer slaughter tour.

Slipknot are one of the worst bands ever.
I know I have said some of this before, and people know my controversial stance regarding Slipknot (IMO they are not as bad as most people here think). I really do believe all of the following, and it will be interesting to see people's reactions.

Slipknot > AC DC
Slipknot > Led Zeppelin
Slipknot > WASP
Slipknot > non doomdeath Katatonia
Slipknot > Isis (not necessarily that controversial though, most people know Isis suck)
Slipknot > post AJFA Metallica
Slipknot > post RIP Megadeth
Slipknot > Dream Theater
Slipknot > any hip hop
Slipknot > any rock/idie/alt