Controversial opinions on metal

I like all Carcass except the first album. I do like grind and goregrind, but I could never get into along with early Napalm Death.

you guys who like NECROTICISM-era carcass should check out golem if you haven't already. they're a little more icy and mechanical maybe but there's heavy carcass influence there.

I like all Carcass except the first album. I do like grind and goregrind, but I could never get into along with early Napalm Death.

Scum and Reek are two favourites of mine actually, Symphonies is better than Reek but it's still cool.
It's like Venom's Welcome To Hell vs. Black Metal for me, Welcome has a certain rough charm but Black Metal is a much better album, and then just like Necroticism, At War With Satan is quite underrated.

Scum and Reek are two favourites of mine actually, Symphonies is better than Reek but it's still cool.
It's like Venom's Welcome To Hell vs. Black Metal for me, Welcome has a certain rough charm but Black Metal is a much better album, and then just like Necroticism, At War With Satan is quite underrated.

Venom is really influencial, but it is to raw for me. Bathory was low-fi also. That's why I don't listen to stuff like that.

I'm finding a lot of modern metal incredibly boring and uninspired. All these modern bands like Nile, Gruesome it's just so derivative, which is why I tend to go for certain bands that are actually doing something that sounds fresh and not something which sounds as though I've heard it many times before.Bands like Nuit Noire,Illegal Bodies that sound completely individual and fresh to their respective sub genres,other than that I'm delving into the past more and more these days for those old metal relics.

Yeah I have got that Zemial, they're one band who I doubt will ever release something I don't like. I have the Nocternity and Macabre Omen albums as well. I've spent literally a fortune over the past few years but in general new releases always seem to disappoint,other than new old sounding bands like Johnny Touch, Vanderbuyst and Black Trip which I love from the moment I heard them.
Maybe it has something to do with the impact of extreme metal being there for me anymore as it was when I heard it a kid,whereas give me a new band like Black Trip or Johnny Touch that basically only wish to sound like the first two Maiden albums and I'm in love.It was basically these bands that kept me interested in Metal for the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG