Controversial opinions on metal

I hate his new look. He looks so pretentiously. Used to be a decent vocalist though.

geoff-tate-mohawk-380x230.jpg

Well, to be honest, they have never fared well in the fashion dept.

wek_queens011614_12263440_8col.jpg

Queensryche_Geoff_Tate.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ almighty piece of shit mother fucker!

I decided to pick up the 2004 remastered Megadeth - Rust in Peace CD (without reading any reviews on it .... :() and listen to it on my commute. By the time I got through "Lucretia" I almost threw it out of my car. It is so fucking bad, so fucking bad. I can't even explain it right now. It sounds like a completely different album. The guitar and bass fight each other, and from what I understand, Dave used alternate vocal takes on a few of those songs that sound absolutely horrendous. Its a fucking disaster! I have never been a fanboy of Mustaine, but...

Not-so-controversial opinion: Dave needs to be locked up and forgotten about for the sake and safety of his own music!

My newest controversial opinion is that Nicholas Cage's son is a wonderful musician. Arsh Anubis is pretty sweet so far. His last band was decent too.

Having his dad in the back of my mind may be helping.

Jesus fucking Christ almighty piece of shit mother fucker!

I decided to pick up the 2004 remastered Megadeth - Rust in Peace CD (without reading any reviews on it .... :() and listen to it on my commute. By the time I got through "Lucretia" I almost threw it out of my car. It is so fucking bad, so fucking bad. I can't even explain it right now. It sounds like a completely different album. The guitar and bass fight each other, and from what I understand, Dave used alternate vocal takes on a few of those songs that sound absolutely horrendous. Its a fucking disaster! I have never been a fanboy of Mustaine, but...

Not-so-controversial opinion: Dave needs to be locked up and forgotten about for the sake and safety of his own music!

Yeah it's bad. I'm lucky I found an original pressing on CD. That original album is so close to perfect for a thrash album it's ridiculous why anyone would want to change it.

I've been delving into more death/thrashy stuff lately and can't see any redeeming value in Skeletonwitch. There's nothing wrong with it but they just come off as annoying. Not that they sound incredibly similar, but as newer acts go I'll take Exmortus by leaps.

I think they're just a boring band, no matter what genre they are. I've never understood the hype.

Reactions: CiG
They're one of those bands I've never bothered to even listen to once, it's always a combination of either cover art, group photos or record label that sets off alarm bells.

Reactions: CiG