Controversial opinions on metal

Controversial opinion: Limp Bizkit is better than literally anything Anthrax ever put out. And I don't even like a lot of Limp Bizkit (although Break Stuff and Ready to Go are fun songs).

Controversial opinion: Limp Bizkit is better than literally anything Anthrax ever put out. And I don't even like a lot of Limp Bizkit (although Break Stuff and Ready to Go are fun songs).
WwwwwwwwwwwwHAT! That is damn controversial!

Reactions: Baroque
Anthrax are pretty bad so in that regard comparing them to Limp Bizkit isn't really controversial.
long story short, i'd take ozzy over all of them in a heartbeat.
I appricate that opinion about vocalists generally (soul over technique), but I don't agree in this case. I actually think Dio is better than both Halford and Dickinson He has a much more powerful voice imo. And I also think he is atleast as good in Sabbath as Ozzy, even on the Ozzy tracks. I think it works really well on for example Live Evil. I like all of the above vocalists though so it's no bashing.

Last edited:
Personally, I really like Spreading the Disease. I thought Belladonna did a great job there.

Anthrax is about as wimpy. Sorry.

Anthrax is the Ed Sheeran of metal.
You're the Ed Sheeran of metal. Anthrax is just the worst of the big four. They've got some good stuff and a whole lot of bad stuff. Limp Bizkit is terrible and Fred Durst is one of the top 5 douchebags in the world.

Reactions: CiG
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that you were the master of this topic and that all posts must specifically be in response to you and can't be a general opinion relevant to the discussion at hand. I probably overlooked that because the topic predates your membership by several years, despite your need to reply to every post in it.

tumblr_nfeeg5RXm11tdyqk1o1_400.gif

Not sure if controversial, but: listening to Quartz's Stand Up and Fight for the first time in forever, and is it just me or does this sound like it may have been influential on the early Trouble sound? It's not doom metal but there's still a bit of Sabbath in here, and more than that there's something just a little tricky/off-beat about some of these riffs (see the chorus of Circles for a big one) in the way that makes Trouble distinct, and even the vocals vaguely remind me of Eric Wagner, not as scratchy or anything but kinda desperate/whiny but in a good way. Like, if Trouble had an album from 1980 that was the prototype of Assassin and such, it would sound like this album. I've got to put this one on regular rotation, I always liked their first album a good bit, but never gave this one much of a chance. Even the recording/guitar tone is really beefy like Psalm 9.

Reactions: CiG
it's extremely uneven but i like the good parts on AMONG THE LIVING more than those on SPREADING THE DISEASE - more than a lot of things, actually. neither are great albums overall but neither are worthy of limp bizkit level scorn.

obviously, this is their best song:

although that album isn't great either.

I never really liked Anthrax, a whole bunch of my high school friends loved them and even saw them live.. I had StateOf Euphoria on pic disc and liked that quite a bit but could never understand what they saw in the band. I think they thought the rap/metal thing and the not man were good somehow.