Controversial opinions on metal

Atheist:

Piece of Time > Unquestionable Presence > Elements > Jupiter

Probably not that controversial except PoT > UP. Just slightly though, both are great albums.

Atheist:

Piece of Time > Unquestionable Presence > Elements > Jupiter

Probably not that controversial except PoT > UP. Just slightly though, both are great albums.

I see nothing controversial about this at all. I got to see Atheist play through most of Piece of Time and Unquestionable Presence about five years ago, and it fucking rocked. Then Repulsion came on and the place went fucking nuts. Good show

Elements >>> Unquestionable Presence > Piece of Time >/= Jupiter

All of their albums are at least good though.

Controversial Opinion: Possessed - Beyond the Gates > Seven Churches by quite a bit, and I am not crapping on Seven Churches at all here. On top of that, Beyond the Gates is probably THE MOST underrated metal album in existence. On top of that, it probably would make the top 20 metal albums of all time.

I've never listened to it, because I meant to buy it and forgot. Seven Churches is awesome.

Haven't listened to Beyond the Gates in a while, but i remember it being a boring as fuck, generic death/thrash album. Maybe i need to give it another shot. I much prefer Seven Churches.

Unquestionable Presence >= Elements > Piece of Time >> Jupiter. Like HBB said, all of their albums are good ... especially the first three.

Despite the worst production possible, Beyond the Gates has far better songwriting (again, I'm not trashing Seven Churches here). In fact, better than almost all of metal itself. Only a few albums can compete with it.

Beyond the Gates is superior, but Seven Churches was incredible for its time. I still listen to both of those from time to time. If those guys could have stayed together and stayed healthy, I can only imagine how much they would have pushed the envelope of death metal.

bndM0oM.png