Controversial opinions on metal

I don't get why people use the term "embarrassing yourself" in arguments as a way to try to discredit you. You're only embarrassing yourself if you are, in fact, embarrassed by your own words or actions.

metal band that fans just getting into the genre seem to jerk-off too. But then again, you think Death is amazing so I don't even know the point in arguing here.
So let me get this straight, Atheist are for people just getting into metal(because we all now how muhc newbs love technical death metal, right? :lol:... but AtG, a band that released the definitive "metal newb" album(Slaughter), aren't? So people who are just getting into metal gravitate more towards technical death metal rather than catchy ass melodeath? aahahhhahah, please just stop.

he said getting into the genre, not sub-genre ... which just comes off as just plain ridiculous when the band he's trying to defend with that statement was/is the staple introductory band for newbs.

The Red in the Sky is Ours is light years ahead of anything by Atheist in terms of writing ... passion, creativity, etc..

lol. that is all.

Last edited:
Yoda wasn't talking about Slaughter of the Soul.

oh really? Thanks for pointing that out bruh. Im just saying that it's extremely ridiculous to refer to Atheist, a jazzy technical death metal band, as introductory when you're defending the king of said type of newb bands. I dont get why the fuck so many of you guys are in clear denial here ... weird.

Last edited:
Probably because The Red in the Sky Is Ours and Slaughter of the Soul are totally different from each other, so using the latter as an argument against people saying that the former is better than Atheist's best music is illogical.

The Red in the Sky is Ours is one of the few other albums that actually sounds like Unquestionable Presence, and both bands were extremely influential for different reasons. I don't see how a person can shit on one and hate the other. I'm definitely a much bigger fan of Atheist on the whole, although I'll admit the first two At the Gates albums have consistently more interesting songwriting while the first two Atheist albums are a bit all-or-nothing. Elements is still the best album between both bands by a landslide though.

Watchtower and Coroner are better than either band, though. Probably Mekong Delta too actually, even though they lack a 10/10 album like Elements. Death metal will always be thrash metal's inferior.

Probably because The Red in the Sky Is Ours and Slaughter of the Soul are totally different from each other, so using the latter as an argument against people saying that the former is better than Atheist's best music is illogical.

... you just constantly love proving my point dont you? Im using the latter in an argument against SOMEONE SAYING THAT ATHEIST ARE AN INTRODUCTORY METAL BAND, ALL WHILE PRAISING AND DEFENDING THE KING OF INTRODUCTORY BANDS. need more engwish?

Also, no one said Atheist's best music, and no one compared Slaughter to UP. I clearly stated that the worst/weakest Atheist material is superior to most of AtG catalogue.

The Red in the Sky is Ours is one of the few other albums that actually sounds like Unquestionable Presence, and both bands were extremely influential for different reasons. I don't see how a person can shit on one and hate the other. I'm definitely a much bigger fan of Atheist on the whole, although I'll admit the first two At the Gates albums have consistently more interesting songwriting while the first two Atheist albums are a bit all-or-nothing. Elements is still the best album between both bands by a landslide though.

Watchtower and Coroner are better than either band, though. Probably Mekong Delta too actually, even though they lack a 10/10 album like Elements. Death metal will always be thrash metal's inferior.

Nah.

Atheist > Mekong Delta > Coroner > Watchtower > At the Gates

in my opinion of course

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
... you just constantly love proving my point dont you? Im using the latter in an argument against SOMEONE SAYING THAT ATHEIST ARE AN INTRODUCTORY METAL BAND, ALL WHILE PRAISING AND DEFENDING THE KING OF INTRODUCTORY BANDS. need more engwish?

Also, no one said Atheist's best music, and no one compared Slaughter to UP. I clearly stated that the worst/weakest Atheist material is superior to most of AtG catalogue.

They are saying that all of Atheist's music is introductory in comparison to one album by At the Gates. This is a hard concept, I know, but I have faith in your ability to figure it out if you try hard enough. It has literally been stated this way multiple times. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

You can disagree with that opinion all you want, but using Slaughter of the Soul as part of your argument against it does not make sense.