Controversial opinions on metal

If I am showing metal to a noob, there's no way I'm like "here's some Atheist! you'll probably dig these dudes" lol it's just not happening. Start with like Sabbath, Dio, Motorhead. Progress to thrash. Tech thrash. Death. Then maybe Atheist. Not introductory at all.

Atheist's music is not introductory by a long shot.

A lot of people agree that they're one of the easiest tech death bands to get into, even if you aren't a fan of death metal. This is a pretty widely held opinion that I find agreeable. They were even one of the first death metal bands that I liked.

That's not a mark against their music, as I greatly enjoy their first two albums and would recommend them to anyone who likes metal. It's not about being introductory to metal in general, only to extreme metal.

A lot of people agree that they're one of the easiest tech death bands to get into, even if you aren't a fan of death metal. This is a pretty widely held opinion that I find agreeable. They were even one of the first death metal bands that I liked.

That's not a mark against their music, as I greatly enjoy their first two albums and would recommend them to anyone who likes metal. It's not about being introductory to metal in general, only to extreme metal.

There are different connotations of the word introductory. If you really meant it in that sense then may I suggest using a different word, because introductory can have negative connotations like you're implying that you think the music is basic. Even if you're not, it's best to use language that clearly explains your meaning without the need for a debate like this.

Reactions: EternalMetal
A lot of people agree that they're one of the easiest tech death bands to get into

Finally, something from you that makes sense. I dont think anyone can argue with that. But Baroque wasnt saying "easiest tech death band to get into" ... hes just saying they're not a band for someone who is just getting into metal, in which case you can just shoot them an AtG album and they'll probably dig it.

There are different connotations of the word introductory. If you really meant it in that sense then may I suggest using a different word, because introductory can have negative connotations like you're implying that you think the music is basic. Even if you're not, it's best to use language that clearly explains your meaning without the need for a debate like this.

I'm not the one who used that word first, so there's no need to lecture me on what it means.