Controversial opinions on metal

For me, they go wrong mostly in terms of production which I'm very picky about, for example the first Atheist album is something I would quite like if the drum sound wasn't such a piece of shit. The Tech mentality often comes with certain production values that clash fundamentally with my taste, it's shame.

For me, they go wrong mostly in terms of production which I'm very picky about, for example the first Atheist album is something I would quite like if the drum sound wasn't such a piece of shit. The Tech mentality often comes with certain production values that clash fundamentally with my taste, it's shame.

I guess I take a more open minded approach when it comes to production, since I find the production on PoT to be just fine. Or maybe im just willing to overlook the drum production when it comes to more open guitars/bass. Ive always enjoyed how good metal is able to create the perfect vibe despite imperfect production when it comes to certain instruments. Sometimes you need to throw your focus elsewhere, but really, I dont see how PoT has as atrocious production as you say it does.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Not atrocious production, just the drums man. That clicky drum sound triggers me like a fucking feminist.

I still like it, it just takes away from the enjoyment overall.

It's like some bitch is typewriting in the studio.

Yeah I see guys saying it's good but not any poster here that wouldn't slobber over it if it wasn't "okay" at best anyway.

Y'all are plebs. If I posted what Krow did and directed it towards the new The Chasm album (once that drops) I would get so much shit about it. But it's Megadeth so who gives a shit right?

I honestly think it's the fact that none of you want to admit that your assumptions about the album will be wrong if you actually sit down and listen to it.

Last edited:
Or you don't want to admit that I might be right. Put your money where your mouth is.

This one isn't bad and it's pretty much the consensus for anyone who has thought Megadeth irrelevant since 1994. Do yourself a favor and listen to me one time.

Or you don't want to admit that I might be right. Put your money where your mouth is.

This one isn't bad and it's pretty much the consensus for anyone who has thought Megadeth irrelevant since 1994. Do yourself a favor and listen to me one time.

Even though you sound like the Megadeth defense force, I will gladly listen to whatever three songs you choose from the album and post my honest opinions on them. My listening fate is in your hands.

Edited for typo!

Last edited:
Really looking forward to listening to the new Megadeth after hearing what a few of the guys here had to say. Although i highly doubt it's as good as some of you are saying.

Last few Megadeth albums have been far from good, but I certainty wouldn't classify The Chasm debut album as "good" either. Anyway, best Megadeth albums >>>>> best The Chasm albums.

Last edited:

That's because The Chasm still releases top-tier material.

I lost interest with Megadeth after Youthanasia. Even the comeback albums did nothing for me.

The Chasm has only gotten better. I like the debut. Though I dont hold Deathcult on an untouchable pedestal like many others

Reactions: The Butt
Even though you should like the Megadeth defense force, I will gladly listen to whatever three songs you choose from the album and post my honest opinions on them. My listening fate is in your hands.

I liked 'Megadeth defense force'. It was clever.

Let me give it a few more spins and I'll take you up on the offer. I don't expect you to have a favorable opinion going into this anyway but I like to be surprised.

I lost interest with Megadeth after Youthanasia. Even the comeback albums did nothing for me.

The Chasm has only gotten better. I like the debut. Though I dont hold Deathcult on an untouchable pedestal like many others

I think Deathcult is their worst album but I like all of their albums.