Controversial opinions on metal

I'm still waiting for my three songs from the album.

I need to spin it again like I said previously. Probably tomorrow.

I would recommend spinning the entire album to get the context of the songs. In fact, I'd be willing to listen to whatever doom album you choose and post my honest opinions too if you spin the entire Megadeth record.

I could say tracks 2 and 4 off the bat initially for 2 of them, but the entire album is good except for maybe 1-2 tracks imo (and those aren't bad just okay)

Reactions: CiG
after years of resisting it RUST IN PEACE has really grown on me over the past several months, and i'm interested in going back through their discography at some point. think i'll probably do that before i listen to the new one, anyhow.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I need to spin it again like I said previously. Probably tomorrow.

I would recommend spinning the entire album to get the context of the songs. In fact, I'd be willing to listen to whatever doom album you choose and post my honest opinions too if you spin the entire Megadeth record.

I could say tracks 2 and 4 off the bat initially for 2 of them, but the entire album is good except for maybe 1-2 tracks imo (and those aren't bad just okay)

Okay, I'll do this if you tell me what doom albums you've already listened to in the past, so I can pick a different one.

Okay, I'll do this if you tell me what doom albums you've already listened to in the past, so I can pick a different one.

Anything from Candlemass
Warning - Watching from a Distance
The first two Solitude Aeternus albums and Adagio
Doomraiser's debut I believe
The first few Pentagram albums
Cathedral's main doom albums and Carnival Bizarre

Try to have something I can find on Amazon if I decide to buy it please.

Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects

Not their best album (still awesome), but their most accessible album by a lot and one of the more fun and easy to enjoy true doom albums.

Ok this might surprise some of you who know me, but I am going to listen to the new Megadeth record to make my own opinion. I fucking hate Megadeth but I will have some beers beforehand and try to enjoy it like it was a band that I've never heard before and something I never heard anything about. I'll try to be as unbiased as possible.

All this positive talk about 'Dystopia'. You know I'm going to end up buying this because I'm weak-willed and staggeringly open to persuasion. But I'm like that mouse who has grabbed the electrified food pellet one too many times when it comes to so called 'return to form' albums from older bands... I still want to sink my teeth into that pellet, but something's telling me not to touch it....

Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects

Not their best album (still awesome), but their most accessible album by a lot and one of the more fun and easy to enjoy true doom albums.

You're in luck. I can stream this on Amazon Prime. I may not get to it today depending on how busy I am at work, but it is on my list for this week's listening. I may need to listen to it a few times before I review it too, just fyi.

Reactions: CiG
Every now and then I will hear a death metal band that i like but as a general rule I find the genre to be cheesy and redundant

Last edited: