Controversial opinions on metal

Motley Crue are basically hard pop rock. Catchy radio friendly choruses and so on. About the same level as Van Halen or AC/DC, but honestly I prefer the latter 2 bands.

It can be a pretty fierce battle. Metal is indeed like a religion to me. It's more than just music, it's something that I pour all of my heart, soul, and passion into.

Favorite metal bands...
1. Judas Priest
2. Manowar
3. Black Sabbath
4. Deep Purple
5. Metallica

I'll list a bunch more, in no particular order:
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Motley Crue
WASP
Def Leppard
Overkill
Hammerfall
Led Zeppelin
Dio
Saxon
Running Wild
Metal Church
Savatage
Armored Saint
Ratt
Slayer
AC/DC
Motorhead

Last edited:
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
^Some of those are not metal but I'll leave it to others to point them out.

So you like trad metal and thrash. Cool, me too. But I also like death, stoner, doom, progressive and some symphonic. Part of what helped in developing my taste was exploring the various subgenres of Thrash. Death/Thrash, tech thrash etc. And you can develop a taste for doom by delving further into traditional metal. Then eventually you might find yourself enjoying harsh vocals like i do. Check out the Thrash and Trad threads.

Some serious entry-level stuff. It's like he has been listening to the same twenty bands for 17 years.

Also AC/DC, METAL, BAHAHA

Reactions: RedStorm
They may be entry level but, Slayer, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath have recorded some of the best metal albums of all time. Sad Wings of Destiny easily ranks in my personal top 10, and Sin After Sin and Stained Class aren't far behind.

not really sure why people are shooting him down for calling SHOUT AT THE DEVIL metal (it's certainly at least borderline), or for that top 5 either. 'tis a pretty entry-level list overall for someone who's repeatedly claimed people here know less about metal's roots than him, but still solid enough aside from IMO a couple stumbles.

are you familiar with pentagram or sir lord baltimore, dude? (hint: you should be, mr. knowledgeable)

They may be entry level but, Slayer, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath have recorded some of the best metal albums of all time. Sad Wings of Destiny easily ranks in my personal top 10, and Sin After Sin and Stained Class aren't far behind.
Not denying that. Priest, Slayer, and Sabbath are three of my top ten favorite metal bands, possibly top five.

But there's so much metal out there that lists like that look kinda basic. As Krow said, it literally looks like he simply googled "Top heavy metal bands" and copy pasted a list.

these are my favorite bands guys

44 Magnum Japan 1977–1989, 2002–present
220 Volt Sweden 1979–present
A[edit]
Name Origin Years active Brief summary
A II Z United Kingdom 1979-1982
AC/DC Australia 1973–present
Accept[8] Germany 1976–1989, 1992–1997, 2004–2005, 2009–present Accept played an important role in the development of speed metal and Teutonic thrash metal, being part of the German heavy/speed/power metal scene which emerged in the early to mid-1980s.[9]
Aerosmith[10] United States 1970–present
Alice Cooper[9][11] United States 1968–present
Angel United States 1975–1981, 1987, 1998–present
Ángeles del Infierno Spain 1978–present
The Angels Australia 1974-2000, 2008–present
Angel Witch United Kingdom 1977-1982, 1984-1998, 2000–present
Anthem Japan 1980–1992, 2000–present
Anthrax United States 1981–present
Anvil Canada 1978–present
April Wine Canada 1969-1986, 1992–present
Armageddon United Kingdom 1974–1976
Atomic Rooster United Kingdom 1969–1975, 1980–1983
Atomkraft United Kingdom 1979–1988, 2005
Attila United States 1969-1970 Bandmembers included Billy Joel and Jon Small.
Axe