Controversial opinions on metal

Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath is good, but frequently overrated. It has some of the weaker tracks in their discography such as "Walk Away" and "Wishing Well" that hinder greats such as "Die Young" and the title track. I've never understood why it is considered a nearly perfect album by a lot of people, even beyond the fact that Ozzy Sabbath is just generally better and more consistent overall.
The thing is though that the weaker tracks on Heaven and Hell are better than the weaker tracks on The Mob Rules.

The rest of the album may be prime (I count E5150/The Sign of the Southern Cross as one song, before anyone goes "BUT WHAT ABOUT E5150 LOL???"), but Turn up the Night and Voodoo are borderline unlistenable.

Ted Bundy slayed a lot of people too, doesn't mean he was authentic.
I think a black metal musician must have raped your mother when you were young. Your deep, seething resentment of anything relating to the genre likely stems from this.

latest

Bathory is barely even black metal though. He had two poorly produced Venom ripoff albums, one album that gets kinda close but was totally outclassed by Deathcrush and INRI the same year, a decent thrash metal album with a couple Manowar-worship songs, and then a really long Manowar period with a couple more thrash metal albums in between. I judge metal for its musical (aka riffing) qualities, and Quorthon had mostly poor riffs and little that others weren't already doing before him, image aside (which, as stated, was inauthentic; Quorthon himself likened it to a competition over who could suck Satan's cock hardest).

I'll be honest and say that I used to think that Charged GBH was just one of those bands Quorthon name-dropped in an effort to distance himself from his most direct and obvious influences, but I actually listened to City Baby Attacked by Rats recently, and if a song like Total Destruction is black metal, so would a hypothetical lo-fi rendition of many songs on that Charged GBH album. The first two Bathory albums are approximately one step above the first Thrash Queen album, that's it.

Ah the standard stock retort "HHUHUHUH FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME LOL IM SO EDGY", even though I never had it. You're a joke. An autistic twat of herculean magnitude.

I was gonna say I hope Andre the Giant checks your oil, but you'd probably enjoy it.

Don't get so buttbothered just because you enjoy listening to non-metal. I listen to Oingo Boingo. You listen to Make a Change... Kill Yourself. In that sense we have more in common than you'd think.

It's not non-metal, you're just being a retard.

Edit: I'm done, as it's obvious you're doing this to bait and for the attention, so enjoy the attention you got.

I judge metal for its musical (aka riffing) qualities

I have already noticed that you judge music only by the riff structure and that you analyse riff by riff in an album and assess influences of each of the riffs and stuff, but don't you think it's a bit one-dimensional? Maybe there's more to music?

Reactions: The Butt and Omni
I'll be honest and say that I used to think that Charged GBH was just one of those bands Quorthon name-dropped in an effort to distance himself from his most direct and obvious influences, but I actually listened to City Baby Attacked by Rats recently, and if a song like Total Destruction is black metal, so would a hypothetical lo-fi rendition of many songs on that Charged GBH album. The first two Bathory albums are approximately one step above the first Thrash Queen album, that's it.

Way to over-think something that's common thoughout virtually every one of metal and punk's sub-genres. The two have an almost interchangeable history in terms of songwriting.