Controversial opinions on metal

The Trooper isn't even close to the best song on the album, let alone the band's entire discography. And they have little in common with Manowar.

Leave the hall.

They're both basically that gay man sing songy dad rock ass chaps power metal. I've owned that album for 20 years, and never could get into it. And fuck Iron Maiden for waving the British flag in my face at their live show. And all their poser stage props.

I was about to say the same about Powerslave and Piece of Mind, definitely better than just good. A lot of Maiden albums suffer from some filler songs, but I find Powerslave to be pretty great throughout. Title track might just be my favourite song of theirs.

My only problem with Powerslave is that it's where their issues with self-plagiarism first became apparent, even songs on the same album copying riffs or chord progressions. However, there's enough absolutely brilliant material to easily make up for it.

Sure there's more to music than that, but black metal doesn't really win on other qualities either. Certainly not authenticity, the rare Dead and such aside.

Yet in the themed mixtape game, you rated the Nocternity a song a 7, a song that is definitely more about the atmosphere it creates than any of its riffs.

My only problem with Powerslave is that it's where their issues with self-plagiarism first became apparent, even songs on the same album copying riffs or chord progressions. However, there's enough absolutely brilliant material to easily make up for it.
I know what you mean. Gallop on E, then down to C, then up to D, then back to E. Made the songs very easy to learn as a budding bassist.

Reactions: Baroque
I like way more than just Manowar's first 4 albums. It's funny, I've heard similar views put forth on other sites, that only their first 4 albums are good. I actually first got into Manowar by listening to Louder than Hell and Fighting the World. Both of them fucking slay.

Fighting the World is a little underrated in certain circles imo. Definitely a sellout/departure, but still good songs there. Kings of Metal and basically everything after is garbage though.