Controversial opinions on metal

Piece of Mind and Powerslave are so much better than "good albums". Without those, USPM basically does not exist.

tbh my reasons for only liking rather than loving those albums are probably mostly superficial (overfamiliarity long before i liked USPM, and not liking bruce's vocals which i think tend to suit his solo material far better). i'm certainly not denying their influence or general songwriting clout during that period.

I like way more than just Manowar's first 4 albums. It's funny, I've heard similar views put forth on other sites, that only their first 4 albums are good. I actually first got into Manowar by listening to Louder than Hell and Fighting the World. Both of them fucking slay.

20+ years of listening to metal and Louder Than Hell is by far one of the worst albums i have ever purchased. Utter garbage.

How can you not love his vocals on those albums?

Then down in falls, comes the RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Bullshit. You think Kings of Metal and The Triumph of Steel are garbage?

This is the objectively correct rating of the Kings of Metal tracklisting:

2cfxuh4.png

Twenty minutes of solid shit in the middle of it.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Objectively correct rating? It's a fucking opinion. Crown and the Ring one star? Kingdom Come one star? Whoever rated these tracks needs to die.

Go listen to a Lord of the Rings audiobook or some shit if that's what you're into. I'll take Hail to England.

.... uuughh, reminds me of exactly why i cant stand those fake ass posers. demaio is and always has been the definition of a pure "try-hard".

edit: Funniest part of that clip was the lets talk shit about what the wimps wear while we pose in leather/leopard skin thongs and shit. :lol:

Yet you listen to absolute garbage...Fuck Gorguts.
Lol! That is all.

Last edited:
Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath is good, but frequently overrated. It has some of the weaker tracks in their discography such as "Walk Away" and "Wishing Well" that hinder greats such as "Die Young" and the title track. I've never understood why it is considered a nearly perfect album by a lot of people, even beyond the fact that Ozzy Sabbath is just generally better and more consistent overall.

Agreed on Heaven and Hell. Walk Away is a track I straight up don't like and skip and Wishing Well is pedestrian. Mob Rules, on the other hand, is flawless.

However, I disagree that Ozzy Sabbath is more consistent. S/t has moments where it flounders, MoR has the mediocre "After Forever", a lot of Vol. 4 is forgettable, and Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die are anything but consistent.

The four most solid Sabbath albums are Paranoid, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage and Mob Rules.

Sabotage is my favorite. The Writ is easily one of their best songs.

And After Forever is a great song. Most of the flack it receives is because of the lyrics

Reactions: The Butt
Well, after being in here for a little, I feel that this probably isn't the right place for me. I'm looking for other metalheads who share my views, and they certainly aren't here. I'm looking for people who are devoted to keeping true, traditional metal alive, and who will stand by me in my view that more clean singing is needed in the metal world. It's very important to me. Heavy metal is like a religion to me, and it's something I'm willing to fight for. It seems I'll have to look elsewhere for others who share my taste in music.

Reactions: Onder