Controversial opinions on metal

Iced earth is probably the most misleading band in metal, I saw their album cover in the store two years ago when I didn't know shit about metal and thought it would kick ass and it fucking sucked. Power metal is hit or miss for me.

But Keeper of the Seven keys still makes me fucking hard every time I listen to it

Their demo is the best.

wink-laugh-George-Costanza-Seinfeld-GIF.gif

Iced Earth - Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

One of the worst songs I have ever heard -- so fuckin' melodramatic. Fans seem to dig it somehow.

Anybody heard new Inquisition? It's lame. I thought most people were bitching for no reason because they signed under Seasons of Mist (untr00 record label), but it barely sounds like them and the song released is pretty generic and boring. Their last album was a step below of what they are capable of but if this is indicative of what the next album is going to sound like then yeah... no bueno.

in case anyone wants to hear.

I'm hoping there is more substance there that i'm not getting because of the shittastic audio quality of that clip, but yeahhhhhh, this is well below their other material. What is going on with the vocals =/.

Their Days of Purgatory compilation is their best shit. Something Wicked This Way Comes, Burnt Offerings, and Dark Saga in that order.

As I believe I have already put in this thread, avoid the Burnt Offerings remastered CD at all costs.

Last edited:
Best Iced Earth is definitely their first three and demos. I loved Iced Earth for years but really I haven't been able to listen to them other than Night and Burnt Offerings in the last couple years... Or Alive in Athens.

Also @alex76 whats wrong with the remaster of Burnt Offerings? The reissue I have is a 2 cd vinyl replica, 1cd original mix and 2nd an alternative mix of the album. Sounds good.

Also @The Ozzman and @CASSETTEISGOD can you guys just fuck and get t over with?

lol dunno if it's controversial or you're just dumb

17 minutes or however long it is is just way too much, and of all the songs on the album it has probably the most stereotypical Schaffer riffs. Still has its highlights, but epic doesn't work for him.

More controversy: Angel's Holocaust and Travel in Stygian are the weakest (but still good) songs on Night of the Stormrider as well. The run from The Path I Choose through Pure Evil is incredible though.

17 minutes or however long it is is just way too much, and of all the songs on the album it has probably the most stereotypical Schaffer riffs. Still has its highlights, but epic doesn't work for him.

More controversy: Angel's Holocaust and Travel in Stygian are the weakest (but still good) songs on Night of the Stormrider as well. The run from The Path I Choose through Pure Evil is incredible though.

I mean, NoTSR is solid throughout, but i may agree with the Travel in Stygian notion.