Controversial opinions on metal

Seek & Destroy is basically just a mild change of Sucking My Love (and while I don't see others mentioning it, I think Phantom Lord very strongly resembles Priest's Rapid Fire as well), the early Exodus song Warlords steals its main riff right out of Holocaust's Death or Glory, Crionics takes directly from Transylvania, I mean it's pretty clear that the early thrash bands worshiped NWOBHM above all. Obviously they took things to a higher level of intensity, stripped away any remnants of hard rock, gradually sped things up, etc, but it's still a direct evolution. I think the "thrash = hardcore + metal" meme is heavily exaggerated, whereas Nirvana was full of punk/hardcore influence from the beginning.

@TechnicalBarbarity

I think my ears work just fine. If you like, you're free to actually explain why I'm wrong instead of posting idiotic drivel. Preferably in terms of actual musical structure.

If that's too hard for you, as I suspect, you could also just stop posting about it.

For some reason you nitwits seem to be implying that i said NWOBHM didnt influence thrash. But let me get this straight, are we talking about influence here or are you saying "early thrash is 90% NWOBHM"? Because both me and you(HBB) how idiotic that statement is. And you seem to be forgetting, im over 30 years old and have been listening to metal my whole life, no need for you(or anyone else here honestly) to try and give me some kind of history lesson about where and how my favorite sub genre of metal was derived from or who they were influenced by. Most of you guys were still sucking on your moms tits when i was listening to those albums you guys are trying to dissect.

@TechnicalBarbarity

I think my ears work just fine. If you like, you're free to actually explain why I'm wrong instead of posting idiotic drivel. Preferably in terms of actual musical structure.

If that's too hard for you, as I suspect, you could also just stop posting about it.

I thought it was clear in my response ... how the fuck can you listen to any of those three albums i mentioned and go "hmmm, this is 90% NWOBHM"? Seems like your ears arent the only part of you that's not functioning properly.

Facepalm_Emoji_20px_zpskj3qygj9.png

You could explain your reasoning behind responding with this emoji.

Me posting a facepalm because you said bowie has released better album than Black Sabbath is a fucking puzzle to you? Are you fucking stupid? wow.

You seem pretty stupid. I'm saying that since this message board is meant for discussion there is no point in responding with a facepalm to express that you think a post is stupid but not explaining why you think it's stupid giving us a bit of reasoning that we can use for the purpose of debate.

Also my opinion is not that Bowie's best albums are better than Sabbath's best albums but that I think at their best Bowie and Sabbath are equal however Bowie simply has more great albums than Sabbath and a larger diversity in terms of styles he tackled which most people who do happen to like both bands would more than likely agree with me on.

You seem pretty stupid. I'm saying that since this message board is meant for discussion there is no point in responding with a facepalm to express that you think a post is stupid but not explaining why you think it's stupid giving us a bit of reasoning that we can use for the purpose of debate..

We've always responded to laughable and moronic posts with emojis and memes(especially in this thread). That's what we do. Get fucking used to it.

Guy wants me to explain why i posted a facealm after he bascially said Bowie>Sabbath. How about this, i psoted that facepalm because i personally think david bowie sucked dick and Black Sabbath are the fathers, pioneers, KINGS of heavy metal. youlikethat?

You're still misinterpreting my point bro. I'm not saying that the music of thrash metal is 90% identical to NWOBHM. I'm saying that 90% of thrash's influence came from NWOBHM. Then, out of all the things that led to thrash metal's creation, it was some mixture of that influence, as well as novel ideas from pioneers in the scene itself.

thrash is 90% NWOBHM bro. :lol:

I asked you to explain why that's musically wrong and you won't (or, more likely, can't). It doesn't matter to me what you think if you can't explain your opinions at all beyond saying stupid shit like how you're over the age of 30. There's no reason to have the discussion if you don't want to actually discuss the music.