Controversial opinions on metal

Maybe, maybe one or two Soundgarden songs are listenable, but the rest is fucking shit...

I assume it's the latter, honestly it's not so controversial.

I wouldn't think it would be at least not outside metal circles. David Bowie had a very impressive run from Space Oddity to Lets Dance with mostly masterpieces and great albums and a few average at worst albums. I'd say at their best Bowie and Sabbath are equal but Bowie wins purely on having more great albums to offer and being more diverse even though he might not be as influential in his own genre.

Reactions: CiG
They took me some getting used to probably because they reminded me a lot of the 90s grunge and alt rock I didn't care for but after a while they really grew on me.

Yeah, I've been trying to branch backwards from grunge into 80's alt rock and post hardcore stuff. Tends to be pretty hit or miss whether I like a band or not, but some definitely take a few listens to grow on you.

Yes it can, because your claim is nothing but bitchy subjective whingeing. I could claim James Brown is more metal than Death, and guess what? It won't mean anything to anyone but me.

Soundgarden_20681.jpg

Vs

Motley-Crue.jpg

I know, it's the sound that counts.

But still, I know which one I think is more metal.

... yes, because Kiss and Motley Crue sound "sonically" more metal to your ears than those bands, right? :lol: please, get lost.
It has nothing to do with my ears genius, it has to do with their objective musical parallels to metal. Which both Crüe and 80's KISS have in spades, as opposed to the grunge artists you listed who are, guess what? Grunge. The only one you listed that could be construed as metal are AIC.