Controversial opinions on metal

For the most part, I think that progressive metal has simply fucked up. Personally, I like complex arrangements, technicality (but ffs, not for technicality's sake; not for wank), and some level of scope and grandeur in my music. I think progressive rock as done much better delivering that while still making GOOD MUSIC, which is not dependent on any of those things.

I don't give a shit about most of that. Good call on Dimension Hatross though.

I was just saying that because whatshisname up there theorised that people's favourite music tends to be from the year they were born. Not so much for me.

Well I said around the time they were born, not the exact year. And it's hard to deny the late 80's was a pretty awesome time for metal.

The great thing about the 80's was how fast things were moving. Thrash, Black Metal, Death Metal, Sludge and Power Metal all appeared within a few years of each other. Since then all we've been doing is recombining those genres in new ways - I don't even remember the last time I heard something that I considered to belong to a completely new genre of metal.

This guy certainly doesn't think so.

jncobus.png

Reactions: CiG
Those pants are fucking horrible, glad they're rarely worn today, what the fuck were people thinking?

I get the comfort thing, but there are way better alternatives. Sweatpants, cargos, pyjama pants, anything!