Controversial opinions on metal

Jncos? Dude those pants are the shit. I still wear pathetic copycat versions.

I wasn't talking about Jncos. I don't know if those were around in the early 90's, as I thought of those as more of a late 90's/early 2000's thing, which coincided with nu-metal's peak of popularity. By "clown pants" I meant these:
skidz_pants_neon_colors.jpg

I wore cargo pants through most of high school and undergrad until they got worn out to the point of showing my whiteys. I love being autistic.

You guys keep going off topic. Iron Man is NOT an overrated Sabbath song (though I wouldn't say it's the bands best either).

I've never overplayed them as to where I'd get sick of them, so I still worship them all. And, no, Iron Man isn't overrated, people just listen to it too much which can ruin it.

I've never overplayed them as to where I'd get sick of them, so I still worship them all. And, no, Iron Man isn't overrated, people just listen to it too much which can ruin it.

It's the way the vocal line follows the riff which makes it annoying after a while. I think it's one of those songs where people who don't listen to much of the band's other output really like it, whereas the fan base just think it's okay.

Reactions: Baroque
Sabotage is the best sabbath album with Ozzy. I could never listen to iron man anymore or paranoid etc, but, the thing with sabbath is to enjoy reading their antics, Like when Ozzy kept pooing in halls in hotels and claiming ` my ordure is sacred`. You dont get this sort of entertainment with mainstream bands.

@CASSETTEISGOD - Are you talking about personal listening or radio/public events? Cause other than The Wizard or NIB, the album gets played very little on radio.

And, no, Iron Man isn't overrated, people just listen to it too much which can ruin it.

Unfortunately when I was growing up all the adults around me always put on classic rock radio, and songs like Iron Man and War Pigs seemed to be among the only 10 songs these stations ever played, so in that sense I definitely find it to be overrated. I havent listened to radio music in many years, but back in the 90s the rock stations would endlessly play the handful of Sabbath songs to death. My dad also dragged me to lots of biker events like pig roasts, bike runs, hill climbs, etc, and these songs were played so constantly that I eventually got really annoyed with hearing them. I have previously expressed my reluctance to listen to Black Sabbath because of this. If not overrated, id definitely say at the very least that Iron Man (and other select Ozzy-era Sabbath songs) are overhyped in redneck america. Dio-era Sabbath is free from this stigma for me, and ive really warmed up to it lately.

While extremely good, Paranoid is probably my least favorite of the first four Sabbath albums. Probably due to hearing it so many times.
Substitute Paranoid for Master of Reality and you have my choice.

Not a bland album by any means, quite the opposite... but easily the most so of the first four. I'd rate it about an 8.5/10 compared to the 9s and 10s of the other mentioned three.

It's the way the vocal line follows the riff which makes it annoying after a while.

Agreed, exactly why I consider it the weakest song on the album (although Electric Funeral suffers similarly as well). Thankfully I avoid the radio so I haven't overplayed either, but they're the ones I got sick of the fastest.