Controversial opinions on metal

Sorry but I agree with what Zeph posted about Cannibal Corpse. I'm hardly some sort of metal elitist and CC were great when I was 16 and first started getting into the more extreme metal. I appreciate what they've done for death metal as a whole but other than that, they just aren't my thing.

I think that most people who are really into death metal will still respect and like Cannibal Corpse but will have moved past them.

Yep, I agree with both of you. Got respect for them and I did like them when I started listening to death metal (got 5 albums in fact). However its not my thing anymore and I rarely play any of their albums at all. I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Besides, despite the name "death metal" I despise lyrics that only deals with gore. I want more thought provocing lyrics or basically just lyrics with some meaning.

Besides, despite the name "death metal" I despise lyrics that only deals with gore. I want more thought provocing lyrics or basically just lyrics with some meaning.

I hear that. And don't my name fool you. :) I enjoy lyrics of the gore and horror flick caliber, but those with thought and insight are just as good if not better.

Meaningful/intelligent lyrics are always a plus, but I prefer generic lyrics about gore/satanism to generic lyrics about love/sex. Probably has to do with being a metalhead.

no your opninon is worng

Harder than you might think. Generations of inbreeding have left them almost immune to gunshot wounds, which comes in handy when they shoot each other while hunting.
How can my opinion be wrong if I merely said I prefer extreme doom? I didn't even say extreme doom is better (and even that can be debated, as there is usually no right or wrong when it comes to opinion).

How can my opinion be wrong if I merely said I prefer extreme doom? I didn't even say extreme doom is better (and even that can be debated, as there is usually no right or wrong when it comes to opinion).

That's the point. I was being sarcastic. Tbh I don't know shit about doom metal, but I've frequently said something appended with "imo" and gotten flamed for it. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

As far as doom goes, what's some good starter stuff? I'm thinking Pentagram, Trouble, and Candlemass.

That's the point. I was being sarcastic. Tbh I don't know shit about doom metal, but I've frequently said something appended with "imo" and gotten flamed for it. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

As far as doom goes, what's some good starter stuff? I'm thinking Pentagram, Trouble, and Candlemass.

I can only speak for Candlemass, definitley get Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.

Um, is Parkway Drive even considered metal? I am being serious, and please post of their lyrics so I can see them.

I always though the newer Deathspell Omega lyrics were good, but I don't find many "good" lyrics in metal. Many disjointed and boring.

Emperor are pretty good for lyrics. IF pre-R2R were pretty good. Testament were pretty good as far as thrash lyrics go.

My favorite lyrics in metal are usually those that emit massive amounts of pure badassery, with Sarcofago's INRI being pretty much the perfect example of what I like to see in metal when it comes to the lyrical department. I usually judge the quality of metal lyrics based on how fun it is to recite them at high volume while making odd faces.