Controversial opinions on metal

Not 100% if I agree but it is an opinion I can respect for sure. Have you seen the live videos from the 90s on youtube? Fucking heavy and oppressive stuff!

Edit: Streetcleaner is probably my all time fav album title too.

Reactions: CiG and MrTagoMago
Not 100% if I agree but it is an opinion I can respect for sure. Have you seen the live videos from the 90s on youtube? Fucking heavy and oppressive stuff!

Edit: Streetcleaner is probably my all time fav album title too.

Haven't seen live videos will check out that one you posted. I read they probably got the title Street cleaner from a Whitehouse song.

if you havent listened to swans you need to
their my favorite band
albums like Public Castration Is A Good Idea, Swans Are Dead, and Cop are some fucking aggressive, relentless releases

i think you confuse normal opinions with controversy
something controversial would be someone saying "slayer wasnt original and is a shit band"
maybe thats a little extreme but you know what i mean

i think you confuse normal opinions with controversy
something controversial would be someone saying "slayer wasnt original and is a shit band"
maybe thats a little extreme but you know what i mean

I figured someone would disagree on the grounds that Swans isn't metal so it can't be the heaviest sorta like when someone thought it was dumb when is said Finnish hardcore punk from the early 80s was more brutal than metal at the time.

Also my opinion on Slayer isn't that extreme but it's not far off.

There's also the fact that "heaviness" means different things to different people. For example some find brutal death metal to be heavy while I don't really.

I don't even find Bdm to be brutal like the name suggests just really boring, but yeah I've had people tell me that lyrics are actually an element to being heavy.