Controversial opinions on metal

I thought this was a metal forum?! WTF is with people not liking Maiden? "Oh their singer is too high-pitched.... blah blah blah..."

And the Deicide hate? Also lame. If you can't dig the first few Deicide albums then let's face it you don't understand death metal. "Oh but I like teh br00tal's tech gore... blah blah blah". FAGGOTRY!

Like I said I'm not passing judgment on Deicide because I only heard TSOR.

As for Maiden, it's quality stuff, but Judas Priest satisfies me much more.

Like I said I'm not passing judgment on Deicide because I only heard TSOR.

As for Maiden, it's quality stuff, but Judas Priest satisfies me much more.

That's fine. Priest is great though I like Maiden more. TSOR is really good IMO but not nearly as good as the first three which are just fucking bonecrushing, bang your head and kill your neighbor fucking awesome.

Why is Sculptured so bad. I mean, I love Agalloch and all but Sculptured is one bad side project. They are too "all over the place" and the songs go no where.

How can something be great if you don't like it?

Okay, lets use a more popular album.

Gorgut's Obscura.

If anyone denies the musical greatness of that album, they're an idiot. You might not like it, but you can still recognize it as a fantastic work.

That is how I am with Embodiment.

I've never heard any Gorguts, so it still doesn't make any sense.

I would assume by 'greatness', you're talking about the musical talent and songwriting talent as being of a superlative nature?

the only way of distinguishing 'greatness' from preference is by grounding it in something objective, say *lasting popularity* or whatever. i don't have much use for that myself