Controversial opinions on metal

raw

I've just been listening to Led Zeppelin's first four albums to see if they're truly worthwhile, and I've come to the conclusion that Led Zeppelin are a pile of ass who make amazing rock n roll but fail at pretty much everything else they do. Their folk is abysmal, and their blues is basically the stereotype of bad white dude blues.

And unless God comes down and splits the heavens starting with Houses of the Holy then I don't see anything changing. So fuck Led Zeppelin.

LOL. Pretty much all the things that Led Zeppelin do besides rocking out are boring as all fucking shit, but when they do rock they god damn fucking rock. They just happen to do so much else than rock. Even in songs with rock in them they insist on throwing in boring shit that tests my patience.

When it comes to Zeppelin, the first thing that comes to mind is that I'd much rather be listening to Deep Purple.

Probably the most overrated band of all time. Still a good band though .... good, not great.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing when I wrote that post. Then I went and listened to Asia, but go figure. But I can't think of a single Zeppelin album I'd want to listen to front to back, but god damn do I love at least a few Deep Purple albums all the way through.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Who the fuck cares about guitar solos when Motley Crue's songs destroy all of those bands?

Reactions: CiG
nah man I wouldn't say quiet riot is glam. they weren't that good and had like 1 good song. but glam? i thought they dressed more like judas priest or something

radio friendly =/= glam

Last edited:
Quiet Riot's existence is weird. Their famous song isn't even theirs and it doesn't even fit on the album but it's crammed directly in the middle.

It doesn't even really sound different from the original.

I don't really consider them glam for whatever that's worth. Hard rock with a goofy image I guess.

Quiet Riot's existence is weird. Their famous song isn't even theirs and it doesn't even fit on the album but it's crammed directly in the middle.

It doesn't even really sound different from the original.

Oh hmm I was talking about Metal Health, but never knew cum on feel the noize was a cover song.

radio friendly =/= glam

of course it doesn't. I'm just bringing up bands that have know t cause controversy over being labeled glam or not.

As far as quiet riot goes i remember their sound being borderline glammy pop rock/hard rock. When you look up hair "metal" their name pops up in most articles, their albums are on a bunch of glam lists, etc.

but never knew cum on feel the noize was a cover song.

really? One of the few things i actually know about the band.

Controversial opinion: Motley Crue's S/T is legit good despite being a weird 90s forced-aggro thing.