Controversial opinions on metal

Eh, Dehumanizer is the only Dio album that could really eclipse any Sabbath release. I think it eclipses an album like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, for instance

Dehumanizer is a Sabbath album, you fucker. :lol:

No, seriously, the only post-Ozzy albums worth checking out are Dehumanizer and Born Again. Other than that, don't bother.

What the hell is it with people not liking Heaven and Hell? You guys are pathetic.

Seventh Star and The Eternal Idol were also excellent post-Ozzy albums.

What the hell is it with people not liking Heaven and Hell? You guys are pathetic.

I'd hate it less if it weren't so terribly mediocre.

Seventh Star and The Shining were also excellent post-Ozzy albums.

The Shining was a single, not an album, IIRC, unless you mean Eternal Idol which the song is from. And I've only heard one or two songs from 7S... while the songs were okay, nothing to write home about IMO.

I'd hate it less if it weren't so terribly mediocre.

There's some shit on it, but overall I'd say it's pretty memorable. "Neon Knights" is my absolute favorite post-Ozzy song. "Children of the Sea" and "Heaven and Hell" are also quite awesome.

The Shining was a single, not an album, IIRC, unless you mean Eternal Idol which the song is from.

Shit, that's right. Typed up that post a little too fast.

And I've only heard one or two songs from 7S... while the songs were okay, nothing to write home about IMO.

Well neither is yer mom.

There's some shit on it, but overall I'd say it's pretty memorable. "Neon Knights" is my absolute favorite post-Ozzy song. "Children of the Sea" and "Heaven and Hell" are also quite awesome.
Really, the only songs I enjoyed off the album were Neon Knights, Die Young, and the last two minutes or so off of Lonely is the word. So in total, about 10 minutes of the album. :lol:

Well neither is yer mom.
Well played.

Dehumanizer is a Sabbath album, you fucker.

No, seriously, the only post-Ozzy albums worth checking out are Dehumanizer and Born Again. Other than that, don't bother.

Heaven and Hell is much better than Dehumanizer and Born Again is right there with Never Say Die in the bottom of the Sabbath barrel.

Born Again :lol:. Dehumanizer is alright. Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules are ten times better.

Heaven and Hell is much better than Dehumanizer and Born Again is right there with Never Say Die in the bottom of the Sabbath barrel.

The first half of Never Say Die is better than Heaven and Hell will ever be. I'll admit the second half is weak, but at least it doesn't have absolute shit-stains like Lady Evil, Wishing Well, or Walk Away on it. :erk::lol:

I think IX Equilibrium is totally amazing and way better than Anthems,an album i dont even think is decent. I got two CO´s in one sentence! In The Nightside Eclipse is out of this world,but that wouldn´t count as controversial:)

I think nu-metal is a good genre.
I like Slipknot more than any other band out there.
I don't really like the vast majority of black metal, and I have yet to hear a Black metal song I can get into.
I think metalcore is a great genre, and that there are a ton of amazing metalcore bands.
I'd be glad if Varg Vikernes got beat to death/shot/stabbed, the guy never did anything good, and Burzum sucks ass.
Marduk sucks. (Is that even controversial?)
I don't really think Anthrax is anything special.

*dodges flaming pitchforks*

I think nu-metal is a good genre.
I like Slipknot more than any other band out there.
I don't really like the vast majority of black metal, and I have yet to hear a Black metal song I can get into.
I think metalcore is a great genre, and that there are a ton of amazing metalcore bands.
I'd be glad if Varg Vikernes got beat to death/shot/stabbed, the guy never did anything good, and Burzum sucks ass.
Marduk sucks. (Is that even controversial?)
I don't really think Anthrax is anything special.

*dodges flaming pitchforks*
You're dead buddy.