Controversial opinions on metal

Killswitch Engage writes really catchy songs.
United Abominations is a good album.

I think nu-metal is a good genre.
I like Slipknot more than any other band out there.
I don't really like the vast majority of black metal, and I have yet to hear a Black metal song I can get into.
I think metalcore is a great genre, and that there are a ton of amazing metalcore bands.
I'd be glad if Varg Vikernes got beat to death/shot/stabbed, the guy never did anything good, and Burzum sucks ass.
Marduk sucks. (Is that even controversial?)
I don't really think Anthrax is anything special.

*dodges flaming pitchforks*

so basically you are saying that you don't like metal

so basically you are saying that you don't like metal

- recent trends here, and the general "accept everyone as they are" attitude would suggest a number of people like nu-metal and are proud of it.
- i think burzum is tremedously overrated and i dont listen to any of it at all either (a number of ppl share this viewpoint)
- marduk and anthrax do in fact suck
- liking slipknot to me is no worse than liking meshuggah
- i dont listen to any power metal ... he doesn't listen to any black metal. im sure there are plenty of people out there that dont listen to particular genres.

the question therefore begs; why is it ok to agree/accept one of his statements, but not all at once?

Maybe we (most of us) resent the notion that we have to grow to accept views as if they were minority ones and we are being unfair when in the wider world they are the majority views and possibly views some of us held (or similar ones) before we actually really got into metal.

Obvious really but whatever.

I think that without King Diamond,King Diamond and Mercyful Fate would have been the two best heavy metal bands in the world.

I think he writes a lot of it though doesn't he?

I like him but I've kind of stopped listening to them recently, last kind D album was a bit meh.

The point isn´t whether the music would sound different without him or if the bandnames would be different,the point being that that music without him on vocals and say,Dickinson instead would have been so much better to me.

No I did not. I've had the Warning album longer though and over time I've become less impressed with it. The first two songs are some of my favorite trad doom songs, but the rest of the album just puts me to sleep.

Footprints is probably my fav. tune off the cd but bridges faces and echoes? really good songs as well, you just cwazy

and they wouldn't be called King Diamond or Mercyful Fate and the music would have been totally different.

I like KD's work the way it is. The only thing I don't like is when he sings all cheesey. I like the high pitched falsetto screams he does & his lower vocal register, but when he goes in between he does some cheesey shit sometimes.