Controversial opinions on metal

Brutal is better.
Technical death metal is more likely to devolve into uninteresting wankery than brutal death metal is to devolve into tedious blasting. Brutal death metal is more likely to kick fucking ass than technical death metal is to impress me.

SUPER! atmospheric industrial old school tr00 kvlt melodic blackened brutal technical death thrash.

Tech death is indeed better than BDM, but am still not very much into. Brutality and older Monstrosity is the best tech death.

Controversial Opinion: I really don't like the old school Swedish Death scene. I just can't hear anything good in it and it puzzles me as to why it is popular. I have tried to listen to Entombed, Dismember, At the Gates and Grave.

Controversial Opinion: I really don't like the old school Swedish Death scene. I just can't hear anything good in it and it puzzles me as to why it is popular. I have tried to listen to Entombed, Dismember, At the Gates and Grave.

I think all of those you named are pretty good, especially Entombed. Other than those you named and a few others, I agree.

It's strange, I know it must have some value because a great many people with good taste like it, I just can't figure out what it is. Other genres I don't like I can understand why others would like them, but I haven't gotten there for Swedish death metal

It's strange, I know it must have some value because a great many people with good taste like it, I just can't figure out what it is. Other genres I don't like I can understand why others would like them, but I haven't gotten there for Swedish death metal

A lot of swedish, german, or russian DM isn't that good IMO.

I like Swedish old school death metal a lot, but I can't understand why most people think that God Macabre - The Winterlong is the best Swedish OSDM album. I can think of lots of Swedish OSDM albums that are easily as good and event better.

What about Hypocrisy's first two albums? If you can appreciate those then the rest of old school Swedish, and Floridian Death Metal can't be far off.