Controversial opinions on metal

Hmm I don't care much for Led Zeppeling either, but I have only heard a few songs of theirs.
Stairway To Heaven is great though.

Behemoth, throughout their career, have always been one of the most extremely mediocre black/death metal bands I could ever think of.

As for Led Zeppelin, I like "Houses of the Holy" best & I think that's the best starting point for Zeppelin. "IV" is great where it counts, but slap full of filler.

I don't hate the band but I think they're extremely over-rated.

I actually was wondering what album I should get from them and give it a shot.
Why get one of their albums when you don't even like them? I hate it how there is an unwritten rule that there are certain bands who you have to like. I personally would never listen to any band with lyrics like "Baby the way you move, I'm gonna make you sweat I'm gonna make you groove!" :puke:Not to mention, I hate the music as well.

Why get one of their albums when you don't even like them? I hate it how there is an unwritten rule that there are certain bands who you have to like. I personally would never listen to any band with lyrics like "Baby the way you move, I'm gonna make you sweat I'm gonna make you groove!" :puke:Not to mention, I hate the music as well.

I didn't say I disliked them, I said they were over-rated. I think I almost fell asleep listening to their "epic" Stairway To Heaven. Kasmir, though, is pretty alright. I heard a little bit of Achilles Last Stand and it was also alright.

I think Behemoth's bm material is good, but nothing that really stands out. Maybe I need to listen to it more again. I like all their material, both bm and dm, except for their latest release, which sounds like pop death metal to me.

That was probably the theme of 90% of all lyrics outside of tone poems and opera until around 1985. Actually, it probably still is the theme of 90% of all lyrics. Just not metal lyrics, and it was even the theme of most metal until the mid-'80s (listen to "Drifter" by Iron Maiden).

I think Behemoth's BM is their best, with Grom being my favourite album of theirs. Songs like "Spellcraft and Heathendom" are just so fun and catchy. I am not at all fond of their modern, more death metal sound.

Their newer stuff, which is like technical blackened death metal or something, is less awesome, but has produced a couple amazing songs - Slaves Shall Serve, Conquer All, Be Without Fear, The Reign Of Shemsu Hor, etc...