Controversial opinions on metal

I still think that "Demigod" is an incredible album. Something about the chaotic and epic nature of it, and the fact that it comes together so perfectly. That and "Sventieth" (spelling?) are easily their two best.

I found Demigod horrifically overplayed. It totally lacked the perceived passion of ZKC (their best album overall) to me.

I think Pandemonic Incantations tends to be overlooked. "Driven by the Five-Winged Star" is one of Behemoth's best songs.

ZKC has more ferocity and emotion to it than Demigod, but I'd say those are their two best

'course I'm not big on black metal

I still think that "Demigod" is an incredible album. Something about the chaotic and epic nature of it, and the fact that it comes together so perfectly. That and "Sventieth" (spelling?) are easily their two best.

try the Apostasy - more of the epic and chaotic shit.

As for Led Zeppelin, I like "Houses of the Holy" best & I think that's the best starting point for Zeppelin. "IV" is great where it counts, but slap full of filler.

what tracks would you call filler on IV? every song holds it's own on that album, IMO.

I am a stunning example of having "all over the place" taste in metal tbqfh. People often drop by my last.fm page to say my taste is completely random (imo it's very focused though).

I am this but to a lesser degree (since I dislike brutal death metal, a lot of melo-death, and a lot of the poppyer metalcore bands that you like). I still think I have somewhat of an "all over the place" taste in music, though.

Examples of (random) genres I like (other than the standard metal genres of course):

Metalcore
Rap (mostly from the early 90s)
Stoner Metal
Grunge
Indie Rock (but I'm pretty nitpicky with most of it)

I'd consider those pretty widely disliked by most people into metal.