Controversial opinions on metal

Oh! My bad, just scanning this shitfest. I love Obscura by Gorguts!

Have you heard Negativa? Killer piece of work from the two masterminds that were behind Obscura ....Lemay and Big Steeve Hurdle(RIP)

hurdle6.jpg

... but please explain to me how they sound like Korn? Is it the left-field jazz/funk/groove? Is it the dissonant chords? Or the mind bending technicality? If that's the case, then i guess nu-metal began with Atheist's Elements and Pestilence's Spheres. :lol:

and HBB, if you're going to accuse them of sounding like korn, at least stick to your guns and use the same song that you used to always claim sounded nu-metal. Your retarded opinions are just all over the place.

Last edited:
Really? I'm pretty sure I always used the title track. Whoops, I take it back, it's Nostalgia.

La Vie Est Prélude... (La Mort Orgasme) - 4/5 (the most cohesive song with real riffs)
Nostalgia - 3.5/5 (the one with that memorable kinda Eastern-style melody, also some of the most groove/nu metal rhythms, especially at the start and 3 minutes in)
Clouded - 3.5/5
Earthly Love - 3.5/5 (a little more atmospheric, interesting bridge a little over 2 minutes in)
Illuminatus - 3.5/5
The Carnal State - 3/5
Faceless Ones - 3/5
Rapturous Grief - 2.5/5 (main rhythms heavier/chunkier here, with atmosphere just overlaid in the background, doomier as a result, wah guitar adds to the doom/sludge factor) (gets boring tho)
Sweet Silence - 2.5/5 (instrumental, kind of sums up the whole album)
Subtle Body - 2.5/5 (intro rehashes the Nostalgia melody, a little more lead-wanky in a more-deformed-Slayer way)
The Art of Sombre Ecstasy - 2.5/5 (also in the atmospheric/proto-Ulcerate vein)
Obscura - 2/5

It means so much to me that you remember things about me that I have to keep lists to remind myself of. <3

It's post-nu metal, new form of nu-metal.

Nu-neu!-nu-new-nu-metal.

Controversial opinion:

Everybody that calls people in-crowd on here does so without actually having any standards for who is or isn't, from what I can tell.

If I'm wrong, please explain the qualifiers to me or something. Am I in-crowd? If so, why?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Butt