Controversial opinions on metal

against-your-own.jpg

bro, didnt you know that you need to ask for my permission before using that meme!? :p

Concerning late 90s metal, I've been making preliminary top ten lists for each year and check out this fucking list for 1998. I had no idea the year was this strong:

1. The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
2. Runemagick - The Supreme Force of Eternity
3. Grand Belial's Key - Mocking the Philanthropist
4. Aeternus - ...And So the Night Became
5. Morbid Angel - Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
6. Mortem - The Devil Speaks in Tongues
7. Inquisition - Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult
8. Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
9. Nox Intempesta - Damnanus-Dominum
10. Nifelheim - Devil's Force

Pretty much on par with any year in the early 90s, possibly better.

dont care for the band much, especially the shitty album this track is from. But i really like this song.

interesting little tidbit i came across ....

A study conducted by VVN Music found Tankian to possess a moderately-high and diverse vocal range, not only in metal, but in all of popular music, with a range of 4.2 octaves. This range is comparable to Rob Halford, Elvis Presley, Anthony Kiedis, Hansi Kürsch, and Steven Tyler (range of 4 octaves and 1 note).

Concerning late 90s metal, I've been making preliminary top ten lists for each year and check out this fucking list for 1998. I had no idea the year was this strong:

1. The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
2. Runemagick - The Supreme Force of Eternity
3. Grand Belial's Key - Mocking the Philanthropist
4. Aeternus - ...And So the Night Became
5. Morbid Angel - Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
6. Mortem - The Devil Speaks in Tongues
7. Inquisition - Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult
8. Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
9. Nox Intempesta - Damnanus-Dominum
10. Nifelheim - Devil's Force

Pretty much on par with any year in the early 90s, possibly better.

Obscura >>>> everything on that list.

@Slayed Necros not to mention THE CHEMICAL WEDDING and GALLOPING THROUGH THE BATTLE RUINS and OBSCURA and SOULBLIGHT and SNOWLAND and NEW MOTHERFUCKING DARK AGE.

Yeah, exactly. That was one of the tougher lists. I need to revisit a few of those for my finalised list, particularly Obscura and New Dark Age. I'm entirely unfamiliar with The Chemical Wedding.

One page, people are shitting on nu metal. Next page, people are praising an avant-nu/death metal album.

idgi