Controversial opinions on metal

I have 3 metal 4-stars for that year, and one of them will probably demoted to a 3.5 on next listen, so nah. Pretty weak year actually, better than 1997-1999 but that doesn't say much.

Well obviously you would disagree, since a lot of the great albums from that year are black metal.

Sacramentum, Burzum, Vinterland, Nastrond, Kvist, Summoning, Falkenbach, Blut aus Nord, Bethlehem, Moonblood etc

Then we have some death metal like:

Adramelech, Immolation and Grotesque (I'm aware this was recorded well before 1996).

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
:lol: i would never take anything you say seriously. The fact of the matter is you live your life on the internet and we both know that you wouldn't even walk my way in real life, let alone talk shit. And at least my Armenian ancestry didn't breed butt-plunging faggots such as yourself. My rich bloodline continues, your filthy bloodline will not. You know why, because you my friend are sick. Not as sick as mort, but your up there ... all one has to do is read through your famous posts in the social forum to see the evidence.

lmao, your bloodline has been reduced to a shitty smidgen in one of the worst parts of the Eurasian supercontinent and a bunch of chain-wearing faux-guidos in Southern California. Your kind doesn't stand a chance against the Anglo homosexual machine, which will gradually re-sensitize your kin to the pleasures of the cock, as it has all other cultures subjugated to it. You've already begun to crack under its prodigious size. Your thick, lustrous hairy bodies will soon belong to me.

Well obviously you would disagree, since a lot of the great albums from that year are black metal.

Sacramentum, Burzum, Vinterland, Nastrond, Kvist, Summoning, Falkenbach, Blut aus Nord, Bethlehem, Moonblood etc

Then we have some death metal like:

Adramelech, Immolation and Grotesque (I'm aware this was recorded well before 1996).

I'll give Immolation a pass.

Doom metal was strong all through the 1990's.

Not particularly, the best bands had already released their best stuff earlier, and the doom metal sub-sub-genres formed are mostly garbage.

Not particularly, the best bands had already released their best stuff earlier, and the doom metal sub-sub-genres formed are mostly garbage.

Wrong. Solstice, Scald, Solitude Aeturnus (Through the Darkest Hour and Downfall are pure quality), Mourn, Year Zero, Come My Fanatics is Electric Wizard's pinnacle in my opinion, Trouble's 1990 self titled is pure quality, Pentagram's Be Forewarned is pure quality, Saint Vitus have yet to release a bad album, The Obsessed's second and third album are very strong, Count Raven are a 90's band, While Heaven Wept's debut, Revelation are a 90's band, Memory Garden, Warning's debut, Memento Mori, Iron Man, Abstrakt Algebra, Doomsword's debut, Penance, Sorcerer, Gods Tower, Lost Breed, Internal Void, Forsaken, and on and on and on...

:lol: yeah sorry, they're not top-tier thrash like your beloved Deathammer and merciless death(one of the worst bands to come out of the thrash revival scene). lmao

Thanks for reminding me to listen to some Deathhammer.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Precisely why people should start ignoring your views on things like this. You're quite clearly detached from any semblance of rational thought when it comes to music.

Korn and Slipknot were inspired. Count Raven or Memory Garden? lolnothx.

important question for you hbb: which is better, 36 crazyfists or taproot?

I've never heard of 36 Crazyfists although I think I've heard Taproot before. Rec me your favorite of each and I'll listen to them.

early 90s were objectively still a part of the 80s.
against-your-own.jpg