Controversial opinions on metal

I'd post a picture, but I don't trust this nanny Australian government. Police would probably kick my door in.
giphy.gif

Out of the two of us, who has threatened people online and ragequit the most?

Oh you are, but fuck it's loophole hell. Especially if you live in suburban/urban areas.

The restrictions on how you can store your firearms is hilariously retarded too. Guns and ammunition have to be in separate storage cases/safes for example. So if someone breaks in you have to try and open two separate safes and then load the gun before being bludgeoned to death by some lowlife.

Australia is anti-freedom as much as can be gotten away with.

yeah, its pretty ridiculous out here in California too. Not to that extent, but its pretty bad. Especially if you wanna carry one in your car. But i really dont care about that part much since i dont drive around with my shit ... but i can see why a lot of people in other professions would def need to have one with them when driving.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Yeah, they're cool. They're definitely not my favorite but I like them. I don't get the burning hatred people tend to have for them though.

Answer the following questions and I should be able to issue an official certification of in-crowdness or non-in-crowdness depending on the results:

1. Exodus, do you like them, what's your favorite album, what are your thoughts on the first two Zetro albums
2. First two Testament albums, what do you think?
3. Alder-era Fates Warning in general
4. Dream Theater in general
5. Virgin Steele, where do they rank in your metal pantheon?
6. Ares Kingdom, where do they rank in your metal pantheon?
7. Place the following doom metal bands in order of preference: Candlemass, Pagan Altar, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Solitude Aeturnus, Trouble
8. Place the following thrash metal bands in order of preference: Artillery, Dark Angel, Demolition Hammer, Exhorder, Flotsam and Jetsam, Holy Terror, Sabbat (UK)

Reactions: CiG
Personally I conceal carry either an old .45 1911A1 or a .38 ACP snub-nosed (with a good old-fashioned pig sticker just in case). Only if I'm headed through a rougher area though. Say a concert out in Detroit, or one of the rough local areas. I keep several other guns around the house in a couple safes for sporting and home defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Answer the following questions and I should be able to issue an official certification of in-crowdness or non-in-crowdness depending on the results:

1. Exodus, do you like them, what's your favorite album, what are your thoughts on the first two Zetro albums
7. Place the following doom metal bands in order of preference: Candlemass, Pagan Altar, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Solitude Aeturnus, Trouble
8. Place the following thrash metal bands in order of preference: Artillery, Dark Angel, Demolition Hammer, Exhorder, Flotsam and Jetsam, Holy Terror, Sabbat (UK)

Is this the official in-crowd test?

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
Everyone's talking about 'in crowd' and I'm over here like:

20170223_200026_zpsnri150il.jpg

1) I do like them. Favorite albums: Impact is Imminent, Bonded By Blood
2) They are stellar. Probably in the Top 4 Testament albums
3) Better than the Arch era
4) Great. Train of Thought is their pinnacle album
5) Made one of the greatest heavy metal albums ever but ultimately lower on the scale of trad metal bands
6) Overrated, but good death/thrash
7) Candlemass, Trouble, Candlemass Aeternus, Saint Vitus, Pagan Altar, Pentagram
8) Demolition Hammer, F&J, Exhorder, Dark Angel, Artillery, Sabbat, Holy Terror

What do I win?

I'll bite. I've butted heads with Omni more than I ever agreed with her about anything. I mostly purposely don't respond to HBB because everything he says is meaningless trolling/trying to be funny.

I don't post here as much any more because this forum is pretty stale and no one wants to talk about new music. .

The metal archives are better for straight music too. More users, loads of awesome resources. Hard to keep up with all the new shit I find there.