Controversial opinions on metal

No one will deny the superficial similarities between them. But that’s not really important.

It’s an age old argument and I don’t think the band’s sound similar enough to even compare as closely as some people do. So I have no issue with people preferring Dissection. Different sound and atmosphere. Dissection’s first two are more aggressive, while FaFtS is way more melancholic. Sacramentum’s later stuff is when they became far more aggressive and I don’t like it nearly as much.

Last edited:
Thrash metal covers were mostly terrible or unnecessary but yeah Anarchy in the USA was definitely up there with the worst of them

Reactions: CiG
Sometimes they're good and sometimes they're not. It depends on the band and what song it is. It's rare to encounter one that completely drags down an album.

the most relevant and immediate examples of the recent thrash scene isnt as good as what weve scene with black metal in the same time period

what a bizarre top 40. like half of those absolutely belong there, the other half do not and some are questionably even thrash

[EDIT] I think they are weighting number of votes too highly. Like after a certain sample size the law of large numbers applies and adding more votes has minimal affect on the average.

Just because Phantom Antichrist and Nightmare Logic have 1000 to 1500 votes doesn't mean they're better than Black Fast - Starving Out the Light (they're not by far) with 100 votes.

[EDIT] BTW listen to Black Fast CIG if you haven't already.

Last edited: