Dawn - Naer Solen Gar Niper For Evogher
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
Necromantia/Varathron - Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins
Samael - Worship Him
Summoning - Dol Guldur
Beherit - Engram (I'm actually in agreement with this as their best work, but drawing down the moon is still fucking brilliant)
Negura Bunget - OM
Sorcier Des Glaces - Snowland
Katharsis - VVorld VVithout End

I'm probably forgetting a few and there are others I know would make the list if I listened to more stuff more frequently, but you know can't skip my Queen Carly time
But you forgot about Dissection :heh:

pretty solid list right there. Not love for Ulver or Arckanum?

mort did you listen to sdg-north yet

listen to sdg-north

listening to it...

...now

also i forgot to add in Absu's Tara, i know its often not their 'darling' album amongst a lot of black metal fans, but its such a great album

also wow i'm loving the opening to north so far, Passage Au-Dela Des Glaciers Noirs is such a perfect intro track

But you forgot about Dissection :heh:

pretty solid list right there. Not love for Ulver or Arckanum?

if i listened to the somberlain more it'd definitely make the list, its a definitely great album just not one i've invested as much time into as i should

Ulver is a band I want to like more than I do, but of their first three albums I liked Kveldssanger the most
Arckanum I've only heard bits and pieces of, but I imagine I should listen more

if i listened to the somberlain more it'd definitely make the list, its a definitely great album just not one i've invested as much time into as i should

then listen to it more!

giphy-downsized.gif

I'll even go out of my way and buy you a copy.

@no country for old wainds
It's a very good album, especially how its put together. It has as a few weakpoints if i can even use that word here. It gets too repetitive at times and some of the best songs on there like Cries From a Restless Soul could have had a good minute or more shaved off. Id give Obsolete Tears and Beyond All Horizons 3.75 if i could. The album has somewhat happier melodies/a sound in comparison to the more cold and aggressive sound(definitely the riffs and vocals, no doubt here) that The Somberlain carries. And i still stand by my word and say The Somberlain is a much better album. I'll say i'd take back one being more accessible than the other though. I was just plain speaking out of my ass there.

KyxnJPz.png

8tM2Tq2.png

edit: The Vision and the Voice should be a 4.5 and was my favorite track

edit: title track might need to get bumped up to a 4.5

Last edited: