Controversial opinions on metal

No idea they even existed. I probably had seen someone mention them before and assumed they were talking about Merciless.

I randomly found this on CD today in a music store near me that usually doesn't stock anything cool. I didn't pick it up because I'd never heard of them before but I might go back and get it. Sounds pretty ferocious:

I wonder what universe you're from if you really think that Manilla Road is one of the most influential underground metal bands.

to act like they aren't is ridiculous. not even acknowledging their greatness in the underground, especially in USPM and heavy metal circles, is just plain ignorance or stupidity. I never liked Bathory but i'm not going to act like they aren't one of the most influential metal bands.

You’re all a bunch of silly fags. Frost and Fire is untouchable.

this is pretty weird. I'm re-listening to One Foot and on Chaos Descends and all I can think of is "how many times can Baker repeat the name of the song?"

Nah. King of the Dead is a substantial improvement over it and remains their best work.

over time, i think i'm leaning towards Frost and Fire. But i'm a pretty big 70s rock fan and I think that's why

Metal, Crystal Logic and Spiral Castle are their true greats.

even if you do this kind of 'one per style' greatness you have to add in Mark of the Beast !

8: Metal, 80's 4, Spiral, Mark and Open the Gates.

And yet they play to crowds of 10 people or less. Yep, super important and influential.

pretty strange, but as Omni said they do well at festivals and are touring their dicks off now.

Because they weren't very influential I agree,

wow, the majority of good bands cite the Road as an influence

to act like they aren't is ridiculous. not even acknowledging their greatness in the underground, especially in USPM and heavy metal circles, is just plain ignorance or stupidity. I never liked Bathory but i'm not going to act like they aren't one of the most influential metal bands.

Manilla Road did not achieve widespread influence in the 1980s like Bathory and is definitely less influential than Bathory. As has been discussed already, even Manilla Road had acknowledged that their popularity is surprising and coincided with the rise of metal discussion sites.

this is pretty weird. I'm re-listening to One Foot and on Chaos Descends and all I can think of is "how many times can Baker repeat the name of the song?"

This seems weird to me, given how many times he repeats the names of songs from Frost and Fire and King of the Dead. As expected, your first actual detailed criticism of the album can also be applied to the two albums that you do like.

Ah now it's limited to the 80s. Never change

When did I say it was limited to the 1980s?

What I actually said is that a band that you brought up as a comparison to Manilla Road is substantially more influential and has been influencing bands since the 1980s.