Controversial opinions on metal

and yet you ignore two of Manilla's most 'interesting' albums with Mark of the Beast and Spiral Castle.

you're always acting like some sort of victim on here but you're being a douche right now. contribute or just move on

you asked me about Open the Gates, im telling you why it sucks(not enough contribution for you bitch?). And i really dont care much about any of the albums you mentioned, they just don't suck as much as OtG does and are far from being their best work.

"victim" lol wut? "DONT TELL ME MY FAVORITE ALBUM SUCKS, MOVE ON" I'm sorry if i hurt your feeweings babe. Nah just kidding, idontgiveashit

When did I say it was limited to the 1980s?

Manilla Road did not achieve widespread influence in the 1980s like Bathory and is definitely less influential than Bathory..

The parameter of 80s being here begs the question like it is somewhat relevant. If you think Bathory is #1 then whatever. I don't know their music and how often it comes up but you still suggested Manilla Road isn't even in the discussion nor suggested any other bands.

This seems weird to me, given how many times he repeats the names of songs from Frost and Fire and King of the Dead. As expected, your first actual detailed criticism of the album can also be applied to the two albums that you do like.

you wanna tell me edge of a knife is a goof song because of it? sure, definitely. it's just not at least the first half of the album. christ, look at hte lyrics of a 4m opener of a non-doom or ambient band:

The tangled web is slowly woven by feeble leaders mankind's chosen
To satisfy their evil dreams the churning gears of war machines

With iron will they tread across this burning speck of worthless dust
Their metal standards now unfurled they purge the humans from their world

Children of misery centuries long who walked with kings now walk alone
They lie in fear a million deep like cringing herds of human sheep

but I shouldn't even have bothered after this comment

I'd even say that half of the stuff on Paradise Lost is better than anything on any Manilla Road album.

impossible to have a discussion on 'greatness' if one doesn't even appreciate one of the sides.

you asked me about Open the Gates,

k

You're all over the place. You invoked Bathory, not me. Nothing about my post says that I think that Bathory is the #1 anything, but you'd be living in a fantasy world if you tried to say Manilla Road is more influential than Bathory. Stop bringing up bands if you don't want them compared to your precious favorites.

Some other bands that are also more influential than Manilla Road include Celtic Frost, Venom, Fates Warning, Mercyful Fate, Queensrÿche and Manowar. I'd name more but it isn't like I have to, since you already named a way more influential underground band on your own.

You're also so far up your own ass that you've decided that I don't like Manilla Road, which is weird to me since I own all of their albums and rate quite a few of them highly. If you want to argue with me, you should consider arguing against things that I actually say instead of inventing bullshit like you're doing right now.

Some other bands that are also more influential than Manilla Road include Celtic Frost, Venom, Fates Warning, Mercyful Fate, Queensrÿche and Manowar. I'd name more but it isn't like I have to, since you already named a way more influential underground band on your own.

wow, definitely shouldn't have bothered

Screenshot_20180126-134002.jpg

Wow, I really hate Manilla Road. I hate them so much that I even own multiple versions of a bunch of their albums.

I was too lazy to make multiple screenshots but I also own all of their albums.

1516989784813.jpg

Thoughts?

poor guy, do you relate me telling him that his ears dont work too well to being butthurt like he's been in 95% of his responses here? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you're still part caveman ... so its kind of my fault for even questioning you here.

poor guy, do you relate me telling him that his ears dont work too well to being butthurt like he's been in 95% of his responses here? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that you're still part caveman ... so its kind of my fault for even questioning you here.

No it's a callback to when I told you to fix your ears and you got extremely triggered.

so its kind of my fault for even questioning you here.

I forgive you, you are full caveman after all.