Controversial opinions on metal

I wonder what universe you're from if you really think that Manilla Road is one of the most influential underground metal bands.

From my understanding, wasn't it the digital age that really propelled their popularity? I'm sure they cultivated some cult appeal the regular ole homegrown way, but it wasn't really far reaching enough to be influential in the underground at the level of Bathory or Sepultura.

For me, it would be The Deluge, Crystal Logic, Spiral Castle and Mystification. I'm sure some would disagree on the last one but still, Manilla Road doesn't have 8 full-lengths that could be considered superlative.

Louder Than Hell is actually pretty cool

giphy.gif

Louder Than Hell isn't their best or even any good so he's entirely on point here.

When was the last time you listened to it? Because saying it isn't any good is pretty ridiculous.

Also no I disagree, because what he's saying about Louder Than Hell he'd also say about Sign of the Hammer or Hail to England. So his view of Louder Than Hell is essentially indistinguishable from his view of any of their other albums.

Basically his general stance on Manowar is causing him to be accidentally correct to the forum consensus on Louder Than Hell right now.

it's not good even in the slightest and is one of the worst albums i have in my 1000+ collection. Also, im pretty sure ive heard it more than you have(so i'd say my opinion on it is far more valuable than some stinking blinded manowar fanboy). But let me guess, you "found" your copy yesterday? :lol: