Controversial opinions on metal

Defenders' B-side is the second weakest side in the entire pre-Jugulator Priest discography, better than only Ram it Down's B-side.

Actually I think it's been too long, for some reason I had Come and Get It and I'm a Rocker flipped in my head. Blood Red Skies and I'm a Rocker put it at least on par with Defenders', even though Love You to Death/Monsters of Rock is the worst two-fer in their discography.

Defenders is really overrated. Rock Hard and The Sentinel are perfect, yes, Freewheel Burning is a really good speed metal song (though still beaten by a dozen others in their discography), and Love Bites is kind of interesting in how stripped-down and poppy it is, almost like Priest going Prince or something. Other than that, ranges from decent to garbage.

How can a band with two legitimate great albums contend with one that made 8? The hell is wrong with you people.

Cirith Ungol peaks way higher than Manilla Road. I'd even say that half of the stuff on Paradise Lost is better than anything on any Manilla Road album. Crystal Logic or whatever you think is the best Manilla Road album pales in comparison to King of the Dead or even Frost and Fire.

If they actually record it, their reunion album will probably also be better than recent Manilla Road albums because they haven't been pressured to put an album out every year or whatever Mark is doing nowadays and they still have a sizeable amount of old material to draw from for an album.

HBB loves Battle Cry as far as I know.

He gave it a 4/5 iirc. Are we redefining love now? Sure it's a nice high rating and all, but I think you're stretching his feelings towards the album further than a 4/5 can go.

Battle Cry is better than anything by Manilla Road. :whistle:

Cirith Ungol is also better than Manilla Road. I wonder how controversial that is around here.

Manilla Road > Cirith Ungol > first two Omen albums

Paradise Lost and One Foot in Hell are legitimately garbage albums that shouldn't even be mentioned in the company of Frost and Fire and King of the Dead. Tragic they wasted half their set playing those garbage tunes.

But your sad love affair with dodens renders you unable to appreciate the wealth of A+ material from the greatest metal band, ever.

Paradise Lost and One Foot in Hell are legitimately garbage albums that shouldn't even be mentioned in the company of Frost and Fire and King of the Dead. Tragic they wasted half their set playing those garbage tunes.

But your sad love affair with dodens renders you unable to appreciate the wealth of A+ material from the greatest metal band, ever.

If you say so. I'm not sure how someone who likes the first two Cirith Ungol albums could think those ones are legitimately garbage without a lot of denialism going on, even though they're obviously not as good as the first two.

You do realize that Dodens strongly prefers Manilla Road to Cirith Ungol and most other bands, right? I get that this is your go-to argument when I say things that you don't like, but you don't even have your facts straight. He was easily the biggest Manilla Road apologist that I've ever seen.

He gave it a 4/5 iirc. Are we redefining love now? Sure it's a nice high rating and all, but I think you're stretching his feelings towards the album further than a 4/5 can go.

Yes, please debate and deduce the extent to which I appreciate Battle Cry with Omni. Don't ask me, I have a conflict of interest on the matter, after all.

Comparing our RYM distributions, a 4/5 in my book is a 5/5 in your book. Not everyone is a fucking retard and has the middle of their bell curve at 4/5.

Sorry, I must have missed that because I was too busy laughing at the idea of you calling Manilla Road the greatest metal band ever. Too funny. You're literally being Dodens circa 2008 at the moment.

Manilla Road could have been the greatest band ever if you took all of their very best songs, made a single album out of that, and then somehow made 3 or 4 more albums even better than that hypothetical album.

Yes, please debate and deduce the extent to which I appreciate Battle Cry with Omni. Don't ask me, I have a conflict of interest on the matter, after all.

Wow need a tissue cunt? :lol:

Comparing our RYM distributions, a 4/5 in my book is a 5/5 in your book. Not everyone is a fucking retard and has the middle of their bell curve at 4/5.

Mmkay. Never mind that we both gave British Steel a 4/5.

Sorry, I must have missed that because I was too busy laughing at the idea of you calling Manilla Road the greatest metal band ever. Too funny. You're literally being Dodens circa 2008 at the moment.

gvfdgsd.gif

No band is consistent as Manilla nor touched greatness 8 times. Most important and influential underground band too

I wonder what universe you're from if you really think that Manilla Road is one of the most influential underground metal bands.

Wow need a tissue cunt? :lol:

Mmkay. Never mind that we both gave British Steel a 4/5.

How did you interpret that as me taking offense? I was just pointing the stupid lengths you'll go to argue a non-argument. Unless you were implying that I came, in which case, props.

That only proves my point further.

Reactions: Omni